Chapter 24

Taylor's point of view

She just collapsed, she fell straight to the floor with a thud and a scary crack sounded from her head, red liquid started to stain the once white floor by her head and I screamed, dropping to my knees at her side as doctors and paramedics ran to her lifting her up onto a bed and rushing her into an X-Ray room, I felt two arms touch shoulders, I turnt my head and saw Jordan stood there, my eyes were glassy and I couldn't see properly, the tear flowing freely as I noticed a few slide down Jordan's face, I stood up and hugged Jordan, we hugged for a minute and then pulled away "she'll be fine you know, she's strong, she will pull through this" Jordan spoke truthfully, it sounded convincing but Jordan's face said otherwise, she looked scared and to be honest that didn't help, so we sat together and waited "wait. Shouldn't you be in your hospital bed?" I asked confused by the fact that she still had a week left "nope, doctor gave me the clear, I've made a full recovery, the doctor said it was a miracle to do so in just a week" she replied holding up a bag of medication and the slip she received from signing out "oh" I said back, I went to tell her about tour, but stopped as a doctor approached us "Miss.Momsen and Miss.Darby?" He questioned "that's us" I replied quickly jumping to my feet and pulling Jordan with me "how is she? Can we see her?" I questioned "she's stable and perfectly fine, she just suffered a slight head injury but nothing major, she will be fine and should be out of here in a week, now I need to ask a few questions and then you can go in and see her" he spoke slowly and formally "okay sure" I replied, we took a seat and he started "how did she get her first head injury?" He queried, his eyebrow raised "a pap outside threw his microphone at her and it hit her in the head, she started bleeding and so picked it up and threw it back..." I was cut off by Jordan "did she actually? That's really bad" she said to me "yeah she did, it hit the guy in the face and I think it may have broke his nose" I replied carrying on my explanation to the doctor "oh my god, that's so typical of her" Jordan said "I treated that man earlier, he's fine, nothing broken, just a bloody nose" spoke the doctor from his position, looking between me and Jordan "so what happened next?" He asked sitting back in the chair as I continued my explanation "ah yes, she stumbled into the hospital, we got to the front desk and she just collapsed, her head hit the floor really hard and then everything else from there is a blur really" I replied honestly not really recalling the past two hours I've been sat waiting mindlessly in my own world, only replying to Jordan once she'd spoke.

"Okay well, you can go in and see her now, she may still be asleep from the antibiotics but it shouldn't be too long before she's awake" the doctor spoke as he jotted down some last notes and standing to guide me and Jordan to her room.

Jordan's point of view

We walked into Holly's room together me first and Taylor right behind me, the condition she was in wasn't anything like id ever seen her before, she looked so small as she laid in the hospital bed, the wires and tubes coming off her and connecting to various machines whilst an oxygen mask covered most of her face helping her to breathe, I heard a sob come from behind me and turned to see Taylor crying freely looking closely at the girl in front of us, I let a small tear slip down my face as I turned my gaze back to my best friend praying that she would be perfectly fine, I went and occupied a visitors seat on the left side of her bed facing the door, Taylor taking the right one as she took Holly's hand careful into her own and just watched her, crying, her breathing becoming more vivid and sped up with each sob that escaped her mouth "Taylor, you need to stop crying, she will be fine, you're gonna stop breathing in a minute and it won't be Holly needing the oxygen mask" I tried to joke slightly, it caused a small smile to come from her as she composed herself and wiped her face with the back of her hand that was covered by the sleeve of her jumper, I noticed to be one of Holly's from her massive collection of various colors and designs "when do you think she'll wake up?" She asked her voice shaky and cracking at various points "it shouldn't be too much longer, the antibiotics will wear off soon enough" I replied honestly looking over at the girl who seemed to be so broken at the sight of Holly laying in the bed, I was too, I was scared, Holly hated hospitals and would never go to the doctor or hospital unless it was really important, which was barely ever, so to see her so timid and fragile was crazy, nothing like what I was used to, this must have been how she felt when she saw me in the hospital bed I thought to myself as I tried to make sense of the situation and react rationally.