three

[three: lamppost]

[three: lamppost]

The Pevensie Children sat in their room in almost complete and utter silence. They had barely been here a night and it was clear that the family were feeling very awkward in their new surroundings, having missing their mother and father dearly and the comfort of their own home. Edmund seemed to miss it most of all, the picture of his father in a craxked and broken frame on his new bedside table. He hated new begginings and he hated change. He hated how Peter acted so much older than he was. He hated how Susan acted like amother to them all when she was merely a few years older. He especially hated how he was treated like a child when in reality he saw himself as very sophisticated for his age and not a child like Lucy.

"German aircraft carried out a number of attacks on GreatBritain last night. The raids, which lasted for several hours... " The radio-host said before Susan walked over and swiftly turned it off, the room suddenly becoming very silent.

"The sheets feel scratchy." Lucy said and Susan walked over and sat on Lucy's bed and put her arm around her dainty shoulder.

"Wars don't last forever, Lucy. We'll be home soon." Susan said and Edmund almost scoffed as he laid back on his bed.

"Yeah, if home's still there." Edmund said and he saw Lucy visibly frown and he felt a small ounce of regret but shrugged it off.

"Isn't time you were in bed?" Susan retorted and Edmund sent her a glare before retaliating.

"Yes, MUM!"

"Ed!" Peter warned him and Edmund scoffed before burying himself under the covers, taking one last look at the photo of his father before trying to drown out his siblings words. Peter turned to Lucy and placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a light squeeze

"You saw outside. This place is huge. We can do whatever we want here. Tomorrow's going to be great. Really. " Peter promised before turning off the light so all the Pevensie's could try to sleep.

As the sun dawned the sky the next morning, the Pevensie children were almost distraught to see the large mass of rain pouring outside - therefore limiting them to activities for the day. They current sat  in the drawing room with Peter and Susan doing a rather boring quiz about different words in different languages whereas Lucy sat looking out the window as Edmund read a book quietly.

"Gastrovascular. Come on, Peter. Gastrovascular." Susan said and Peter visibly rolled his eyes as his face went to one of confusion.

"Is it Latin?" Peter guessed, raher bored out of his mind and Susan nodded with a smile on her face.

"Yes."

"Is it Latin for 'worst game ever invented'?" Edmund retorted as he sat down in an armchair causing the older Pevensie's to look at him. Suddenly Susan slammed the dictionary shut.

"We could play hide-and-seek!" Lucy said, a childish but hopeful smile on her face as she looekd towards her siblings.

"But we're already having so much fun." Peter teased and Susan sent him a teasing glare and the oldest Pevensie laughed until he felt a tug on his arm.