sixteen

[sixteen: I just wanted to be like you]

"So, what do you think is in there?" Tavros asked hesitantly as they ventured slowly towards the dark island, the lack of wind slowing the ship as if warning them not to venture forward any further.

"Our worst nightmares." Edmund stated.

"Our darkest wishes." Caspian commented before he turned to Drinian.

"Pure evil." Drinian said before he turned to Tavros. "Tavros, unlock the armory."

"My lord." Tavros began to walk away whilst Drinian sighed.

"Archers, prepare yourselves." Drinian commanded as he looked over the crew.

"Aye, Captain."

"Light the lanterns." Tavros demanded as he walked down the steps and walked past the archers on the ship, Caspian turning to Edmund with a reassuring smile.

"Let's get ready."

+++

Gael and Lucy were in their chambers, the latter looking in the mirror of her room as she fixed her hair with a smile on her face - she was finally at a point in her life when she was happy with who she was. Gael sat behind her on the bed, watching her every move with a soft smile - wanting ever so much to be as brave as the role model in front of her.

"When I grow up, I want to be just like you." She whispered and Lucy's smile widened as she turned to Gael and sat next to her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"When you grow up..." Lucy started as she met the young girl's eye. "you should be just like you."

"Hey, is everything alright in here?" Genevieve asked and Lucy nodded as Genevieve smiled and knelt in front of Gael. "When we get to the island don't come out until I come and get you darling. It's dangerous out there and your father and I don't want you getting hurt okay?"

"Okay." Gael whispered as Genevieve kissed her forehead, the girl leaving the two younger girls alone before Gael called after her. "Be careful."

Genevieve immediately made her way to her own chambers, not surprised to see Ron in there trying to put on his chain mail armor and Genevieve chuckled before advancing towards him and helping him put it on properly - much to his relief.

"Are you sure about this?" Genevieve asked him as she met her younger cousin's eye in the mirror, the boy nodding with a smile.

"Of course I'm sure," Ron stated with a confident smile as he met her eye. "Eustace, Reep and I are a power trio."

"We don't know what's in there Ron," Genevieve whispered as she turned him around to face her. "I don't want you getting hurt."

"If I'm hurt it'll be on my own accord and nobody else's." Ron stated as he placed his hand on her shoulder. "Eustace will protect me."