fourteen

[fourteen: Mr

[fourteen: Mr. Tumnus]

As the day changes into night, Edmund finds himself in chains that are shackled around his ankles and his body temperature had fallen so low that he feared he may soon pass out from the cold.The ice dungeon he was currently in was just as he would have imagined, cold, lonely and unpleasant in every way. Edmund chews a bit of the dry looking black bread he had been given by Ginarrbrik only minutes before, but chokes and reaches for the cup of water which is unsurprisingly frozen due to the abnormal temperature. Edmund sighs in frustration as he then throws the cup it back onto the tray and pulls his knees closer to him in order to conceal the warmth in the body. Someone speaks up next to Edmund and he sharply looked to his side and saw a faun huddled against a wall in the neighboring cell, shivering much like Edmund was.

"If... If you're not going to eat that... " The Faun started to say between breaths as he shivered, missing the warmth of his own fire and a cup of warm tea.

Edmund and the faun carefully crawl towards each other and Edmund gives him the bread, watching as the faun devoured it despite the mold that was present on it.

"I'd get up, but... ...but my legs." The Faun said and Edmund looked down at the legs of the faun and saw that they were chained up and Edmund suddenly looked up at the faun in realisation.

"Mr. Tumnus." He whispered and the faun looked up at him with sad eyes as he finished the bread and looked to the son of Adam in front of him.

"What's left of him. "Mr. Tumnus states as he looks him up and down, noticing Edmund properly for the first time. "You're Lucy Pevensie's brother."

"I'm Edmund." Edmund introduced himself as he once again pulled his knees closer to him to contain the warmth.

"Yes. Yes, you have the same nose." Mr. Tumnus started with a small smile before his face paled even more as he looked at Edmund with a worry. "Is your sister all right? Is she safe?"

"I don't know." Edmund said truthfully as he looked up where the growls and barks of wolves could be heard. Maybe they didn't find them, Edmund hoped before a loud slam dominated the room.

The White Witch slams the gates open of the dungeon and both Edmund and Tumnus quickly scoot back to their places in fear, pretending they had never spoken or interacted at all.

"My police tore that dam apart. Your little family are nowhere to be found." The Witch growls as she grabs Edmund by his shirt collar and lifts him right off the ground. "Where did they go?"

"I don't know!" Edmund stammers as her grip tightens on his shirt collar before the Witch throws him across the floor before raising her wand and pointing it towards him causing Edmund to cower in fear.

"Then you're of no further use to me." The Witch raises her wand and points it at Edmund again, causing him to shake with fear as he racks his brain for something that could save him from this situation.