one

[one: so you've turned up to Narnia in a wedding dress?]

The dress tailored to perfection cascaded down her feeble body, its essence radiating the soft beauty who stepped within it only moments ago - her soon to be mother in law gasping at how beautiful she appeared to look, though the girl herself refused to believe so.

Genevieve Potter, or so she was titled in this world, looked like a Princess - as if Cinderella herself had allowed her fairy godmother to dress the young beauty that day so that she would meet her Prince Charming at her own ball - though she knew her own Prince Charming would never see her in the dress, it was far too late for that especially with the wedding only being days away.

Genevieve looked at herself in the mirror with a frown upon her face and tears forming in her eyes. She had to admit that she did look stunning, something she hated to admit because she didn't want to look good for an occasion that would ruin her life forever, but it just didn't ring Genevieve as well as her wedding dress in Narnia did. It wouldn't give the same reaction it did when Edmund looked at her.

Edmund.

Genevieve's eyes began to water as she continued to stare in the mirror and the tears began to fall freely down her cheeks, messing with the make-up that had been plastered across her face by her soon to be mother in law who scowled at her for messing with her make-up before the big day commenced. Genevieve truly disliked the woman.

"Now now Genevieve," Agatha Pole stated as she wiped the young girls eyes with a scowl on her face. "I know you look beautiful but crying is not the answer. A man does not want a wife who cries all the time, do you understand me?"

"Yes madam." Genevieve whispered before turning back to the mirror again, watching as Agatha looked over her with a critical look on her face. "It fits perfectly."

"No dear it most certainly doesn't, have you been cheating your diet?" Agatha asked her and Genevieve only shook her head with a sigh. "It should be tighter around the middle, it appears you have a bit of a stomach. I'll fetch the tailor to see what we can do - maybe a corset."

"Yes madam." Genevieve whispered as Agatha walked away, leaving Genevieve alone as she stepped off her pedestal and walked to the mirror as she lightly glazed her fingers across it with a sigh.

She knew it wouldn't work.

"Glazing the mirror won't bring Narnia back to you again," A familiar voice stated, Genevieve could practically hear the smirk in his voice and she rolled her eyes before turning around. "Though I'm sure the mirror must be blessed now that you have touched it dear cousin."

"What are you doing here Ron?" Genevieve asked as she turned to face her cousin who was smirking at her before he collapsed on the couch of the bridal salon. "You're not allowed to be here."

"I do a thing called what I want Genny dear," Ron stated before sending her a smile. "And why shouldn't I be here? Aren't I the maid of honour?"

"You're the best man Ron, there's a difference." Genevieve mumbled loud enough for him to hear.