fifteen

[fifteen: welcome home]

The sun rises as a canopy of gold, bright amid the blue, bidding the stars to take their nightly rest. As darkness surrenders, every colour changes from tinges of charcoal to a vibrancy. There are days Genevieve wondered what they give in return for such gifts of divine magic; perhaps its their love, perhaps they radiate it into space; perhaps their connection to creation beyond the borders of their world, their reality. Perhaps inside she is also gold, a bright flame that burns for another kind. For Genevieve, that's a thought as warm as any bright new day, one that tickles her mind as much as her heart. 

Genevieve pulled the covers up to her exposed chest as she looked around the room for her robe but found that it was nowhere in sight. Genevieve groaned in annoyance as she looked to her side, surprised to see that Edmund wasn't there anyway. Genevieve quickly rose and got dressed, determined to find Edmund as in the past few weeks that they had lived together she was always the first to wake  and be out of bed. Genevieve, once dressed, finally made her way to the kitchen as she searched for Edmund who was still nowhere to be seen which confused Genevieve to the core. Upon entering the kitchen, Genevieve almost gasped as she looked at the table in absolute awe.

The flowers upon the table were fresh, some open and others in bud. Genevieve silently watched how the sunlight brought a brightness to each petal it touches and a shine upon the foliage of deepest green. They are a delicate shade of pink, yet the kind of colour that feels confident, proud to bring a radiance to the room. Upon nearing them they gave a gentle aroma, one that brings summer and happiness to her imagination. Genevieve grazed her finger along one of the petals with her rings, surprised to see one of her rings absorb some of the colour as her heart soared with so much love that her rings began to glow a soft lilac - which they hadn't done in some time.

Unbeknownst to her at first, Edmund walked up to her slowly and soon pulled her closer to him wrapping his arms around her. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around her frail body. The world around her melted away as she squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end as they both stared at the flowers in awe as the purple glow of her rings circulated each petal painting delicate designs against each.

"Morning love," Edmund whispered into her neck as he placed a kiss there, causing shivers to pass down Genevieve's spine as she smiled warmly at the feeling. "Did you enjoy your flowers?"

"They're beautiful Ed." Genevieve whispered as she turned in his arms so that they were face to face as she placed her arms around his neck. "What's the occasion?"

"Can't I just get my beautiful fiancee a vase of flowers without there being any significant reason?" Edmund asked her and she just gave him a pointed look and he laughed. "Okay...okay. I have some good news."

"News?" She asked in confusion. "What news?"

"Words been sent out that the Telmarines have left for good, Peter paid them off to never return to Narnia in hopes of everlasting peace between the two lands." Edmund said, watching as a face of realisation claimed her face.