eleven

[eleven: How could you?]

Genevieve and Caspian walked back into the How with smiles on their faces, Genevieve feeling a little better about the fact that she had to tell Edmund about everything and she wanted to start which seemed more important currently - her soon to be engagement to Jonathan Pole. Whilst he definitely had more right to know about his son, Genevieve knew that there was no way to turn back time so that he could spend time with Oliver and henceforth it wouldn't affect their future as much whereas her betrothal to Johnathan did.

Genevieve sound Edmund sitting alone on a rock in the Stone Table room, his eyes red as if he had been crying only moments before and Genevieve's heart ached as she looked at him - knowing full well that he wasn't okay.

"Ed, can we talk?" Genevieve asked as she walked into the room only to be met with silence.

"Finally decided to come in did you." He whispered as he refused to look at her. "Did you get bored of Caspian too?"

"What are you on about Ed?" She asked him as she tried to sit down beside him only for him to stand up and walk a few paces away as he stared at his wife, anger coursing through his veins.

"I saw the two of you cuddling outside. You've barely known him a day Genevieve and you're already all over him." Edmund said and Genevieve looked shocked for a moment before she glared at him.

"Is that honestly what you think of me Ed?" She asked quietly and Edmund refused to look her in the eye. "I said, is that what you really think of me?"

"Right now, yes." Edmund admitted sternly watching as his wife's face went red with anger. "You claim you've waited so long to see me but you push me away and then I find you cuddling with someone you just met. How do you think that makes me feel?"

"Are we really talking about feelings now Ed? Are you honestly trying to talk about feelings?" She asked as she took a small step forward, her hands clenched as she looked at him. 

"I get it, I left and you were heartbroken so what? I'm back now and you have barely acknowledged me the same way as you used too and do you know how hard it was to see you out there cuddling up to someone else when you've barely interacted with me at all?" Edmund asked, his voice rising as he spoke to her, unaware of the attention they were pulling from the other Narnians.

"Do you not think that just maybe I have a reason? Maybe that reason being that I don't want to leave both of us heartbroken? I can't rekindle what I have with you Edmund because in the end we'll both end up getting hurt." She said and he just shook his head.

"That's not a good enough excuse because why would we both end up getting hurt." Edmund asked as Genevieve just shook her head.

"Because I'm engaged." Genevieve screamed at him, watching as his face fell - his tired eyes filling with tears as he looked at her.