seven

[seven: Make me she, whom I'd agree

[seven: Make me she, whom I'd agree...]

The Dawn Treader sailed alongside an island, the only sound being those of the men working on the deck that afternoon. Caspian stood with Drinian and Edmund looking over the island through a telescope, finding no source of life on the island at all - not even an animal such as a deer.

"It looks uninhabited. But if the lords followed the mist east, they would have stopped here." Caspian stated and Drinian only looked on with a frown before turning to his King.

"Could be a trap." He suggested and Edmund shrugged with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Or it could hold some answers. Caspian?"

"We'll spend the night on shore. Scour the island in the morning." Caspian concluded as he turned away with Edmund following behind him.

"Aye, your Majesty."

+++

Eustace found the darkness of the night strange. Living in the heart of a city, he had grown used to having the warming, orange glow of lampposts outside his window, their light filtering in through the gaps in the curtains. This was a blackness that he couldn't recall seeing before - one that was almost absolute. When he tilted his head skyward he could see clearly millions of bright stars dotted on the black canvas of night, yet none of that light seemed to filter far enough down to make any difference when he turned my eyes away.

"Ron," Eustace whispered as he turned to his side to face the boy. "you awake?"

"Yeah." Ron whispered back, his eyes trained on the stars above them.

"O-okay." There was silence for a moment before Ron turned to his side to look at the boy.

"Are you okay Sweetheart?" Ron asked him, Eustace turning to him for a moment as a soft smile formed on his face.

"I wish you wouldn't call me that."

"What's the harm in a name?" Ron asked before looking at the boy with concern. "What's up?"

"I just wanted to say thanks for... uh... thanks for still being nice to me despite what I've said and done." Eustace said as he watched a smile grown on Ron's face. "I appreciate it."

"That's what friends are for Eustace." He whispered before turning over after sending Eustace one last smile. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Eustace replied as he turned his back, Ron sighing as he looked up to the sky before he buried his face in his hands.

" Why did you have to say friends you blithering idiot, you're so bloody stupid." Ron rambled to himself, knowing that he didn't want to be friends with Eustace and that wanted to be more - and yet he had just unintentionally friend zoned himself. "Idiot"