epilogue

[epilogue: my very own safety pin]

four months later

The crisp, white snow had smothered summer, appearing as if somebody has laid a sparkling white sheet over what was once summer and put it to bed for its final rest. However, there is a real beauty in the winter too; the way the snow is sprinkled down from a grey, clouded sky and floats to the ground with grace and elegance, so pure. Usually Genevieve and Edmund would embrace the winter, reminding them of the days they truly connected in Narnia but today was different.

Today there was silence.

The hospital corridor was unnaturally stuffy and the air within had a strong undertone of bleach. The walls were a bright magnolia and were scraped in places from the hundreds of trolleys that had bumped into them. The pictures on the walls were cheap prints of uplifting scenes and above the double doors were various large blue plastic signs with the areas of the hospital that lied ahead. Genevieve and Edmund Pevensie sat in the hospital waiting room, their hands intertwined as they waited for their time to come when they would be called to meet with their doctor. Genevieve's hands were clammy as her heart thudded in her chest, her eyes wide as she looked around the hallway as a ragged breath left her lips out of nerves.

She just hoped everything would be fine.

"You'll be fine love," Edmund murmured as he gave her a comforting squeeze, the gesture calming Genevieve's nerves. "you just have to have hope."

"You'd think I'd be used to this by now." Genevieve chuckled halfheartedly as she took another deep breath to calm herself, Edmund smiling at her as she did so.

"Genevieve Pevensie?" A nurse asked and Genevieve immediately stood up, the nurse turning to her and giving her a comforting smile. "Doctor Banner will see you now."

Genevieve took a deep breath as she hesitantly stood up, Edmund by her side as they followed the nurse into a private room - Genevieve being given the instruction to change into an old hospital gown as Edmund waited for her the the hospital room, his hands clammy as he waited for his wife to return and ensure that she was okay.

"Mrs Pevensie," Doctor Banner started as he gave the woman a smile as she sat down on the hospital bed whilst he set up his equipment. "How have you being doing?"

"Better," Genevieve stated as she took her husband's hand as the doctor applied the cool gel to her skin. "People are really starting to notice now."

"Well that's completely normal," Doctor Banner smiled at her. "any new symptoms?"

"Hunger and cravings, I'm a lot more tied than I sued to be and to be honest I've been having more headache's than usual." Genevieve admitted and the doctor nodded as he wrote a few things down on his clipboard before turning to them with a smile.