eight

[eight: protect]

[eight: protect]

As Genevieve arrived back in her uncle's house she sighed as she snuck back to her room to sleep. Whilst time hadn't changed in her the countryside, it had changed for her because the few hours she had spent in Narnia looking for the heirs of the throne had drained every ounce of energy in her body. After placing her beanie on the counter and taking off her coat and shoes, Genevieve immediately collapsed and buried herself under the covers, falling into a deep sleep.

She awoke to find herself laying on the harsh forest floor, the sun piercing through the trees and the sound of birds whistling a song in her ear. Genevieve stood up and brushed herself off, ensuring no leaves were on her clothes. She softly turned, taking in the forest as she looked at where to go.

The wind blew through her frizzy hair and she smiled as her hair flew in her face, whispering things to her that she could only just here.

"Eve." She heard her mothers voice and she gasped.

"Mum?" She asked as she looked everywhere for Elizabeth but found that she was nowhere to be seen.

"Eve, follow my voice." She heard her mother say again and Genevieve went running through  the forest, her mothers voice drawing closer and closer until it stopped in a clearing.

Genevieve looked around the area, the clearing was mostly grass with the exception of four huge walls enclosing an area of stone. In the middle was a table, a table of the strongest stone that Genevieve had ever seen. Genevieve walked towards it and studied the symbols across the  table and found that they were in some ancient language but she clearly saw the world Narnia on it. Genevieve pressed her hand on the table of stone and closed her eyes, allowing herself to hear everything around her.

She imagined the lion, his fierce approach and his large mane of hair. She imagined his voice, deep and wise and she imagined him leading his arm to victory against the white witch. She imagined him crowning the Pevensie's and leading them to victory.  She didn't imagine him talking to her and asking her to come to Narnia. She didn't imagine herself in Narnia at all.

"Genevieve." She heard him say and she opened her eyes and turned around and her eyes widened.

Stood in front of her in all his form was Aslan himself, his stance fierce but his eyes kind. Genevieve immediately bowed, having known to have respect for the true king of Narnia but he only told her to rise as he let a low chuckle and smiled proudly at the Daughter of Eve in front of him.

"Aslan," She whispered as she looked at him. "Why am I in Narnia?"

"Sometimes it does not do well to dwell on why things turn out a certain way but to embrace them and chose your path." Aslan said wisely and Genevieve just looked up at him confused.