fifteen

[fifteen: Merry Christmas]

As the day turns to early afternoon, the four children and the two beavers found themselves walking through the snow across a huge frozen lake and three of thee four children were tired to say the least. None of them had every walked as far in their lives, especially in the freezing cold of winter and with the lack of hot food and warmth they were slowly starting to give up. Genevieve however, was somehow embracing the cold and that somehow just made her stronger and more determined as she walked. She wasn't sure why she was so determined to go forward when she didn't know what her place was in Narnia but it was almost as if Narnia was calling her forward as if she did in fact have a place the Narnian future at all.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young." Mr, Beaver hurried the three Pevensie children and the Potter girl, who lingered behind to keep a conversation with Susan who almost looked lost in the group. The youngest Pevensie however, was visibly tired and Peter bent down to give her a piggy back ride so that she could rest her legs slightly.

"If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." Peter murmured and the other three children chuckled as they looked at the Pevensie boy with a smile.

"Hurry up! Come on!"

"He is getting a little bossy!" Lucy agreed before the two Beaver's turned around as their eyes widened in the direction of the children as they ushered the children to hurry up.

"No! Behind you! It's her!" Mrs. Beaver screamed and the children picked up their pace as they ran across the snow in a hurry.

"Run! Run!"

"Run!"

The four children and beavers flee across the lake and into the woods as the sleigh gains behind them and they run into the forest on the other end of the lake in a hurry as to not be caught by the witch and be hauled off to her icy palace of despair.

"Hurry!" Peter screams as they run through the woods towards a little cave in the near distance.

"Inside! Dive! Dive!"

"Quick! Quick, quick, quick!" Mrs. Beaver ushered and the four children ran quicker as they dived down into a little cave and everyone freezes and goes very still, watching the shadow on the mound of snow in front of them. The snow carefully drops down as someone moves about over them and walks away, much to the childrens relief.

"Maybe she's gone." Lucy said and Peter made looks to move but Genevieve held him back.

"I suppose I'll go look."

"No!" Mr. Beaver says whilst climbing out. "You're worth nothing to Narnia dead!"

"Well, neither are you, Beaver." Mrs. Beaver said to her husband and Genevieve was in awe of how cute that sounded and her smile increased as she saw Mr. Beaver take her paws in his.