eighteen

[eighteen: I'm not fit to be a queen]

As the sun started to set that day, the Witch and her minions had arrived at her camp not even a mile away from the Stone Table where Aslan's camp had been set up and the three Pevensie were deliberating. However, after being captured by the witches wolves, Genevieve found herself a prisoner to the Witch and despite the circumstances, she was happy. She had perfectly ensured that the Pevensie Children made it to Aslan safely to ensure the prophecy came true and she had been able to ensure Edmund was okay despite his siblings worries. On the other hand, she was also party annoyed. Edmund and Genevieve upon arrival at the Witches camp was gagged and bound to a tree as the Dwarf Ginarrbrik walked around them and taunted them about the position they found themselves in.

"Is our little prince and his girlfriend uncomfortable? Does he want his pillow fluffed? Special treatment for the special boy! Isn't that what you wanted?" The dwarf sneered and Edmund lowered his head in shame whilst Genevieve started squirming wanting to whack the smirk off Ginarrbrik's face.

Ginarrbrik leaves the two alone, both tied back to back to a tree with gags in their mouths. Genevieve can hear Edmund sobbing quietly and she takes his hand giving it a reassuring squeeze which he returns as they sit in the quiet.

+++

Meanwhile a mere mile out the two Pevensie girls were walking around the camp until the came to a halt at a pond and took a seat next to each other in silence. Both had changed from the clothes they wore in the country and now wore fitting Narnian attire which revolved of a beautiful long green dress for Susan and a similar sky blue dress for the youngest Lucy. Lucy looked at her sister with a smile on her face, the very look Susan was wearing made her look exactly like their mother Helen and Lucy smiled brighter at the thought of their dear mother back in London.

"You look like Mum." Lucy commented and Susan looked down at the clothes she was wearing with a sad smile before she met Lucy's gaze with a satisfied sigh.

"Mum hasn't had a dress like this since before the war." Susan stated, the dress she was wearing looking oddly familiar to one her mother had wore the summer before the war.

"We should bring her one back. A whole trunk full!" Lucy said as she twirled around in her dress with a smile at face before she heard Susan sigh and Lucy turned to look at her confused for a moment.

"If we ever get back." Susan muttered and Lucy frowned at the thought, the mere possibility that they may not make it home scared her to the core. "I'm sorry I'm like that. We used to have fun together, didn't we?"

"Yes. Before you got boring." Lucy teased as a large smile formed on both her face and Susan's, who looked at her with a smile on her face as well as a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, really?" She countered before she splashed Lucy with water from the pond, leaving the younger Pevensie in a delighted shock. Lucy splashed back and a water fight seemed to start as the two continued to splash each other until both ended up soaked in pond water and laughing as if there was no tomorrow. Susan looked towards the tree right next to the pond and saw a towel hanging loosely from its fable branch. Whilst laughing, Susan hastily walked towards it and pulls the towel from the branch to reveal a wolf's faces inches from her own, causing her to jump back in immediate alarm.