twenty-three

[twenty-three: why didn't you tell me about Oliver?]

They all end up at Miraz' old castle, everyone splitting off do what they find most fitting whilst Aslan speaks with Susan and Peter - something he had demanded happen as soon as they arrived which left everyone confused as to what to do. In the midst of it all Genevieve had lost Edmund who wanted to talk to her, leaving her to look around the castle as she found a spare room and stood with Ron - thankful that he was still alive and breathing as a happy tear ran down her face.

"I'm so proud of you!" Genevieve whispers as she hugs her younger cousin and ruffles his hair much to his dismay.

"Are you okay?" Ron asked her and Genevieve was quick to smile as she looked at the young boy and sat down on the bed, her smile growing wider.

"I'm fine," Genevieve mustered as she sent him a joking stare. "have you been good for everyone?"

"I'm not a baby Genevieve." Ron stated and Genevieve only gives him a pointed look."but yes I have been."

"Good." Genevieve mustered before the door opened, a figure walking is as Genevieve looked up with a soft smile.

"Knock Knock." Edmund says as he comes out from behind the door, a smile on his face as he looks at Genevieve with pleading eyes. "can I speak to you?"

"If it's okay with Ron?" Genevieve says as she looks to her cousin, the young boy looking between the couple's pleading eyes as he rolls his eyes.

"Alright, I get it... I'm leaving." Ron says as he holds his hands up innocently as he walks to the door, stopping before he leaves with a cheeky smile. "Don't be too loud."

Genevieve's mouth dropped at his words, watching as her cousin walked out of the room with a cheeky smile on his face and her face started to redden as she looked at Edmund who was chuckling with a smile before he approached Genevieve and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"You know he hasn't given us a bad idea." Edmund whispered into her ear and Genevieve only elbowed his in the stomach as he released her, her face reddening even more that just made him laugh.

"As much as I'd love to Ed, the last time we did those activities I found myself nine months later sitting in the castle cradling a child so I think I'll hold out for a while." Genevieve said and Edmund stopped laughing at that, an awkward tension filling the air for a moment before Genevieve sighed as she sat down on the bed. "Why are you here Ed?"

"I want the truth about Oliver." Edmund admitted as he followed suit and sat next to her, taking his hand in hers. 

"What do you want to know?" Genevieve asked him softly and Edmund crossed his arms over his chest.

"Everything."

"Everything? I don't know where to start and how to tell you everything at once." Genevieve rambled and Edmund only chuckled before taking her hand and squeezing it.