twenty-four

[twenty-four: no more waiting, it's you and I forever]

Caspian had never expected to be visited by the Great Lion himself only a few short months after the Pevensies had their last adventure - but Caspian was happy nonetheless. It was true that he missed his friends dearly, especially Genevieve who he worried for the most because he knew what she was going back to and he didn't know if she had gotten out of the marriage, got married or if the wedding had even occurred yet for time was certainly different in Narnia than in the land of England they had originally come from. He did have hope though for he had Lilliana by his side, a girl from England who had become one of his dearest friends despite their overgrowing romantic chemistry that they both ignored for they were both oblivious to each other's feelings. He was grateful to have he r in his life!

"Caspian?" Lilliana asked him, the King turning his head to look at the maiden who had accompanied him in the garden. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about them." He muttered, Lilliana frowning as she sat beside him in the gardens. "I just wish I knew how everything turned out."

"It's okay Caspian," Lilliana stated as he took the King's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "I'm sure that Aslan would help them if they were going down the wrong path."

"But what if he hasn't?" Caspian asked his friend as he let a tear fall from his cheek, Lilliana reaching up and wiping it with her thumb. 

"Is this about her?" Lilliana asked him, Caspian looking away at the thought of the girl he used to be in love with. "You love Susan. We're friends so you can just say so."

"What if he just let them suffer?" Caspian changed the topic and Lilliana sighed as she kept holding his hand for comfort.

"Then clearly you have no hope." A new voice interrupted and both Caspian and Lilliana gasped as they looked to their left, their smiles widening upon seeing the Lion.

"Aslan." Caspian breathed out as he smiled to the lion, Lilliana bowing towards the lion of many tales with a smile on her face. "What are you doing here?"

"Edmund made it to the wedding." Aslan told him, Caspian's smile widening as Lilliana squeezed his hand happily - hoping it would calm the King's nerves.

"That's great, so the wedding's off?"

"I'm afraid not." Aslan stated and watched as Caspian frowned in confusion. "Her father is still adamant the wedding proceeds despite the objection."

"That's ridiculous." Caspian stated as he stood up, pulling Lilliana up with him. "We have to help them."

"And that you shall." Aslan stated as he walked towards them, the lion sending a smile to Lilliana before turning to Caspian again. "Do you still have their rings?"

"In my chambers upstairs." Caspian stated before sending Aslan a confused look. "Why?"

"Because we need to get you to that wedding."