six

[six: wild]

[six: wild]

The six children consisting of the five Pevensies and the Lee boy row down Glasswater with Trumpkin directing them with where to go. The water moves softly around Genevieve's outstretched fingers, caressing cooly, eddying in their wake. Genevieve pulled her hand out with a smile and watched the drips, both transparent and opaque at the same time. They fall as if snatched by gravity to the saline below, each one swiftly haloed by ever-growing rings, distorting the pebbled sea-bed. In the breeze her hand becomes cold, yet her back is warmed by the early summer sun. Genevieve's hand started to shake until someone took it in their own and interlocked their fingers, the familiar scent of the person filling her nostrils as she tried to hold back a smile.

"Hey Gen, I'm sorry about earlier." Edmund says to her with a truthful look on his face. "I shouldn't have accused you of such things. I was just stressed from not knowing anything."

"It's okay Ed, I understand." Genevieve stated as she gave his hand a soft squeeze before taking her hand from his and placing it in her lap - much to the boy's discomfort.

"You do?"

"Of course I do. You're just stressed and we all are. It's okay, thank you for apologizing." Genevieve said as she gave the boy a small smile and turned to look down Glasswater with a distant look and she took a deep breath. She had to be strong.

"You're welcome, I guess." Edmund murmurs as Lucy looks up at the trees.

"They're so still." Lucy observes as Trumpkin gives her an odd look before shaking his head.

"They're trees. What do you expect?" Trumpkin aska as she gives him a sad look.

"They used to dance." She states and Trumpkin sighs.

"It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those that survived retreated to the woods. And the trees have retreated so deeply inside themselves that no one has heard from them since." He replies sadly and Lucy looks as if she is about to cry.

"I don't understand. How could Aslan have let this happen?" Lucy asks and Trumpkin's eyes widen at the mention of the Great Lion.

"Aslan? I thought he abandoned us after you lot did." Trumpkin said before he smiled towards Genevieve. "The Selfless Queen was the only one who didn't abandon us."

"We didn't mean to leave, you know." Peter said and Trumpkin only shrugged.

"Doesn't make much difference now, does it?"

"Get us to the Narnians and it will." Peter assured as they finally reach the shore and climb out of the boat. Trumpkin ties the boat down as Lucy wanders off and notices a bear.

"Hello there! " Lucy greets the bear as she walks forward. "It's alright, we're friends"

The bear stands up and looks at Lucy.