twenty-one

[twenty-one: my young Knight]

Glozelle rides back towards the Telmarine army and a few soldiers rush at Peter but he only turns and kills them with one motion of his sword - the blood oozing off the end of it and shining in the sunlight.

"To arms, Telmar! To arms!" Glozelle shouts as the Telmarines raise their weapons and cheer. "Cavalry... charge!"

The Telmarines charge at the Narnians, battle cries escaping their lips as they aim specifically for Peter - the man who supposedly ended their King's life. Peter looks back at Caspian who rides back into the How on horseback where hundreds of Narnians wait inside.

"Narnians! Charge!" He screams as the lifts his sword. With Caspian leading the way, the Narnians charge down a tunnel beneath the battlefield.

"One, two, three..." Peter counts as he battles across the battlefield, stealing a glance at Caspian who nods.

"Four, five, six..." Caspian continues as the two catch a glimpse at Susan who nods.

"Archers to the ready!" Susan commands and in tow the Narnian archers put arrows to the strings and take aim and the Telmarine soldiers.

"Seven, eight, nine..." Peter shouts before he looks back and Susan with a determined smile. "Get ready!"

"Take your aim!" Susan says and the remaining archers make a stronger aim before Caspian lifts his sword into the air.

"Now!"

The Narnians underground begin smashing the stone pillars on the battlefield, surprising many Telmarines as they look forward with fear in their eyes. The ground collapses and most of the Telmarine horses fall into the pit.

"Fire!" Susan screams as the archers release their arrows and reload again.

The arrows fall into the pit, hitting Telmarines. At the end of the underground tunnel, two dwarfs lower a platform, and Caspian leads the Narnians out into the sun, picking up Genevieve on the way who smiles to Edmund, and they circle around to the Telmarine cavalry. A soldier climbs out of the pit, and sees Reepicheep in armor and his eyes widen.

"You're... a mouse." The soldier claims the specific line that Reepicheep had heard many times and the mouse only sighs.

"You people have no imaginations!" He accuses before he attacks the soldier.

The battle continues quickly, blood being shed at every corner whilst the sound of metal upon metal fills the air and dominating all peace. Peter looks up at Susan expectantly and she only shakes her head then looks at Genevieve.

"Ron..." She whispered as she shared a look with Peter, wide eyed.

"Lucy..." Peter looks at the Telmarine army, aware of the situation he was in and he raises his sword. "Back to the How!"