eight

[eight: Who's Genevieve? Are you alright Susan?]

The crew follow Coriakin into the room, magic in the air causing an illusion of the night sky that all could see. Coriakin rolls a map across the floor, depicting many stories from their first Narnian adventure to their last Narnian adventure as every crew member watched in awe. Genevieve stood to the side with Edmund, one of the pictures portraying their first kiss as Edmund smiled and wrapped his arm around the girl and placed a kiss to her head - those were simpler times.

"Wow!" 

"That's quite beautiful." Eustace whispered as Ron turned to look at him, an adoring smile on his face.

"I agree!" Ron replied as he stared at Eustace, the boy blushing as he turned to look at his cousins who were already looking at him.

"I mean, for a make-believe map of a make-believe world." Eustace justified with a smile as they all turned away - looking at Coriakin as the map changed to an island surrounded by a green mist.

"There is the source of your troubles.Dark Island.A place where evil lurks. It can take any form. It can make your darkest dreams come true. It seeks to corrupt all goodness..." He started as they all stared at the island, a dark tone is Coriakin's voice. "to steal the light from this world."

"How do we stop it?" Lucy asked.

"You must break its spell." He stated before he turned to Edmund a looked to his sword. "That sword you carry, there are six others."

"Have you seen them?" Edmund asked with wide eyes.

"Yes."

"The six lords, they passed through here?" Caspian asked and Coriakin nodded.

"Indeed."

"Where were they headed?"

"Where I sent them." He stated before he altered what was on the map. "To break the spell...you must follow the Blue Star...to Ramandu's Island. There, the seven swords must be laid at Aslan's table. Only then can their true magical power be released. But beware... you are all about to be tested."

"Tested?" Lucy asked and Coriakin turned to her and walked towards her, a knowing look on his face.

"Until you lay down the seventh sword, evil has the upper hand. It will do everything...in its power...to tempt you." He gave her a look and Lucy looked away. "Be strong. Don't fall to temptation. To defeat the darkness out there... you must defeat the darkness inside yourself."

+++

For reasons beyond my comprehension...we've taken the advice of a senile old coot...who doesn't possess a razor and dawdles around in a dressing gown.So we're back in this tub and lost in a tempest. Brilliant!

"Hold!" Drinian screamed as he tried to steer the ship through the terrible storm, Rhince and Tavros by his side trying to help him. "Three spokes to starboard."