six

[six: lie]

[six: lie]

"After you." Tumnus says as he leads Lucy into his home after locking the floor behind them. Lucy looks around the home, a soft smile on her features as she feels the warmth radiate her skin. She looks towards Mr Tumnus, who looks as if he is struggling with the many parcels in his arms.

"May I help you with that?" Lucy asked politely, thinking it was unfair that he should carry all those parcels in despite opening his home for her.

"Thank you very much." Tumnus replies, handing Lucy a parcel as they walked though the small house.

Lucy once again looks around the small house, in absolute awe over how much she felt at home in the small makeshift house. Despite the small lighting and the lack of windows, Lucy still felt a sense of familiar warmth in his home, as if it were her own

"Oh." Lucy said as she walked over to a portrait that was on a mantle piece. Painted was a faun, noticeably older than Tumnus and noticeably prouder. He had a stern but gentle look upon his face and Lucy smiled up at the photo, as if hoping that in this magical land that portraits could smile back.

"Now that...that is my father." Tumnus said after taking a deep breath, a small frown etched upon his soft features but this seemed to make Lucy smile more.

"He has a nice face. He looks a lot like you." Lucy complimented and Tumnus only frowned, feeling a wave of guilt surge through his features. He wasn't like his father at all.

"No. No, I'm not very much like him at all, really." He whispered, and Lucy sensed that Tumnus didn't want to talk about it much so she dropped that part of the conversation completely.

"My father is fighting in the war." Lucy sighed as she sat down in a chair, images of her father fighting flashing through her mind as a soft frown appeared on her face.

"My father went away to war too. But that was a long, long time ago. Before this dreadful winter." Tumnus tried to lighten the mood slightly by letting her know that he knew how she was feeling as his father had also brought pain upon him in the past by fighting in a war where Tumnus was scared he would never see him again.

"Winter's not all bad. There's ice skating and snow ball fights. Oh! And Christmas!" Lucy squealed, the idea of Christmas being her favourite part of winter as she loved spending time around her family, even Edmund who represented the Grinch, and having the joy of opening and sharing presents and watching as everybody's faces light up at the gifts they were given.

"Not here. No. No, we haven't had a Christmas in a hundred years." Tumnus said bluntly and Lucy gasped, the ideal being so hard to imagine.

"What? No presents for a hundred years?"

"Always winter, never Christmas. It's been a long winter. But you would have loved Narnia in summer. We Fauns danced with the dryads all night, and, you know, we never got tired. And music! Oh, such music! Would... would you like to hear some now?" Tumnus said slyly, guilt rising up his body but he pushed it away. He had to do this.