ten

[ten: High Treason]

[ten: High Treason]

The next morning, the sun is shining brightly unlike the day before and all four Pevensie children decided to spend the day outside and take in the sun whilst they still could. The Pevensie children decided to play a spot of cricket, having taking advantage of the good weather and the area around the house itself to play and enjoy themselves.

Edmund was currently batting against Peter but he had his head in the clouds, thinking about what the Potter girl had said to him only the night before when he was in Narnia. 'There will be a time when you'll have to make a decision between doing what is right and what is wrong. Sometimes those paths aren't always clear. I hope you chose the right one, your majesty.' he could picture her saying again and his eyes furrowed in thought. What did she mean? Why did she address him as your majesty? Why couldn't he get her out of his head?

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter commentates himself as he bowls the ball which hit Edmund straight in the leg, capturing Edmunds attention as he rubs his leg where the ball hit.

"Ow!"

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream." Peter teased and Edmund glared at him before putting down the bat with a huff. He didn't want to play cricket anymore.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund asked, hoping to go back to Narnia too see the Queen and get some more Turkish Delight.

"I thought you said it was a kid's game." Peter said and Edmund rolled his eyes in memory, it was a stupid game but Narnia wasn't.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air." Susan said and Edmund just looked at her.

"It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund said as he picked up the bat again and prepared himself to hit the ball.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked and Edmund narrowed his eyes at him.

"Are you?" Edmund beats his bat into the ground and on instinct Peter pitches the ball, hard, and Edmund wacks it as hard and his can muster - in the direction of a stain glass window which it unfortunately smashes through.

All four children look at each other before dropping the cricket equipment and rushing into the house. They easily locate the broken window and notice that as well as the glass shards radiating the floor, there was also a very expensive suit of armor.

"Well done, Ed." Peter mocked applauded and Edmund just scowled at him.

"You bowled it!"

"What on earth is goin' on?" They heard the shrill voice of Mrs. Macready say as well as loud footsteps echoing up the stairs loudly.

"The Macready!" Susan  said as the four children looked at each other with wide eyes.

"Run!" peter said and the four children ran around the house looking for a place to hide. They looked at every corner and every stop until Susan tripped up on a rug.