nineteen

[nineteen: I thought I lost you]

"No!" Edmund shouted as he tried to rush forward, Caspian pulling him back with wide eyes as they watched the serpent become distracted by the girl in the water as Lucy shot one of Susan's arrows - hitting the serpent straight in the eye. "We have to help her!"

"Edmund there's nothing we can do!" Ron shouted as he pulled the older boy behind him as they watched the serpent squeal. "We have to trust her!" 

"Brace yourselves!" Caspian seamed as the serpent drew near, fear crossing over his features.

+++

Eustace opened his eyes on the beach, feeling calmer and more relaxed than he did when he crash landed before with the sword wedged into his back. His blue orbs trained on the sand in front of him as a majestic creature walked slowly towards him with pride written across his features - truly a King like he had been depicted.

Eustace tried to sit up as he faced the lion, trying to scratch off his golden scales with his claws but was unable to do so. He was too weak. Willingly, Aslan moved his paw across the sand of the beach three times - watching as his claw marks appeared across the brave dragon's body and began to peel away the scales and skin that was there.

Suddenly, Eustace stood up as he could feel the magic absorb him before the lion let out an aggressive roar, his teeth bare as Eustace was hoisted into the air by his wings - majestically flying peacefully as the sand around him engulfed him with gold embers. Eustace didn't know what was happening until he landed on the floor of an island, his body now timid again as he was retired into the body of the same Cambridge boy who came to Narnia - though he clearly wasn't that boy anymore.

For he had changed for the better!

+++

The serpent screeched aggressively as it stood in front of the rock and the ship, looking both to the water and to the crew members as it tried to find the mysterious girl that jumped in and tried to fend off the Narnians who were on its island. As the crew tried to calm themselves, the serpent began to morph into something bigger - its body changing to form a cross between a snake and a sea serpent as Edmund closed his eyes wishing his wife was safe.

Though he was certain he was wrong.

"Move!" Caspian shouted as he pushed Edmund out of the way of the serpent who almost engulfed him as the two knocked over a couple of barrels as they landed - Caspian sending him a pained look before he saw Ron chopping a piece of the serpent's mouth off. "I've already lost a sister Edmund, I'm not losing you too."

Caspian drew his sword and copied Ron's actions as he cut off a part of its mouth, watching as the serpent whined whilst its chopped off parts faded into mist once again.