nine

[nine: Let me go!]

[nine: Let me go!]

"Father! Father..." Caspian whispered as he tossed and turned in his bed, the dream haunting him as he tosses and turns. Edmund lies awake, looking to the ceiling until he looks to the corner and gasps - spotting his worst fear lurking there.

"Edmund. Edmund. Come with me. Join me." The White Witch whispers to him and Edmund immediately pulls out his sword and points it to her.

"Edmund." Lucy whispers and Edmund jumps for a moment as he lowers his sword, looking to his sister with a relieved look.

"Oh, Lucy."

"I can't sleep." She admitted and Edmund puts his sword down as he sits up and looks at his sister.

"Let me guess. Bad dreams." Both Lucy and Caspian nodded, the latter having woke up only a moment before as the three look at each other. "So either were all going mad...or something is playing with our minds."

"Genevieve's not in her bed, I looked for her first." Lucy said to him and Edmund nodded as he got out of his hammock and smiled at his sister.

"You try and sleep, I'll go look for her."

+++

An ominous boom startled Genevieve out of her abysmal nightmare. Her cheeks were wet and her body was bathed in a cold sweat. The sheets were twisted around her limbs, probably because she was thrashing in her sleep. Her heart pounded against her chest. Genevieve trembled. The room was entirely dark. No light anywhere. The remnants of her nightmare still clung to her mind, haunting her.  Another flash of lightning illuminated the room in blinding light. Genevieve let out a frightened cry and buried her face into her pillow. Even her breaths trembled. She swallowed and once again turned to see the endless darkness of her room. She couldn't see anything.

But she could hear perfectly fine.

La la lu, La la lu,
Oh, my little star sweeper,

Genevieve paused upon hearing the tune, the song soundly familiar as the sweet voice sung around her bedroom soothing the girl. A candle ignited itself in the corner of the room, the familiar silhouette of somebody she used to know was holding the candle and Genevieve smiled as tears welled to her eyes again. There was the same hair, the same melodic voice and the same smell of honey and sweet lily that diffused around the room and the same orbs that she had come to acquire as she grew older. For a moment Genevieve believed she was looking in a mirror before the woman in question began to walk, singing her song and bringing her candle with her.

I'll sweep the stardust for you,
La la lu, La la lu,

Genevieve rose from her bed and followed the woman onto the deck, ignoring the green mist that danced along her feet as she went. Her eyes were wide as she walked into the storm, the rain and lightning forgotten as she stared at the woman who continued to sing her song. She than recognised another figure a little while away, a male figure no doubt with a crown on their head - but she couldn't see his face.