seven

[seven: hop on buddy]

The five Pevensies, the Lee boy and Trumpkin walk through the forest almost silently as Peter directed everyones way - despite the fact that he hadn't been in Narnia for hundreds of years. All the trees were tightly-knit, just one strand in a massive web of life. Green leaves, yellow leaves, red leaves. It was a rainbow of rich, autumnal colours. The scent of earth and water drifted through the air. It was a picture of serenity, one which would endure for many long years.

"I don't remember this way at all." Susan admitted as she walked in the back with Lucy and Ronald, who were conversing about boys at each of their schools and which boys they had silly crushes on.

"That's the problem with girls. You can't carry a map in your heads." Peter stated and Lucy rolled her eyes as she paused her conversation with Ron to speak with her brother.

"That‟s because our heads have something in them." She retaliated and Genevieve laughed from the front as she eyed the letter that was addressed to her and noticing the familiar writing before putting it back in her bag - best not to read it in the middle of the forest.

"I wish he'd just listen to the DLF." Susan muttered to the younger children and Edmund gave them a confused look as he walked.

"DLF?"

"Dear Little Friend." Lucy said and Trumpkin rolled his eyes.

"Oh, that's not patronizing, is it?" He asked as he walked to the front to catch up with the Selfless Queen who seemed emerged in her own thoughts until the dwarf walked beside her and she gave him a small smile.

"How much do you know about Oliver, Trumpkin?" Genevieve asked in whispers as she looked towards the dwarf who seemed sigh at the question - unsure of what to say.

"There are some questions your majesty that I can't answer." Trumpkin stated as he watched the Queen's face fall. "Best leave it to Trufflehunter to explain."

"Trufflehunter?" Genevieve asked in confusion as she watched a small smile grow on Trumpkin's face.

"A badger, one of my dearest friends."

"You speak very highly of him, bet he's lovely." Genevieve said happily before Peter steps into a rock passage and stops the group.

"I'm not lost." Peter declared and Trumpkin only scoffed and Genevieve turned her head towards the dwarf in confusion.

"No... you're just going the wrong way." He said snarkily and Peter rolled his eyes as he looked at the dwarf.

"You said you last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Wood, and the quickest way there is to cross at the river rush." Peter said and Genevieve immediately understood the problem, the crossing had probably been eroded over the last few one hundred years.

"But, unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts."

"He's right Peter. The river likely started eroding the crossing over the last few hundred years or so." Genevieve tried to say but Peter only huffed as he looked over the two proudly.