fifteen

[fifteen: his name was Oliver]

Caspian looked at the carvings of the Pevensies at Aslan's How, his heart aching as he looked at the last one that presented the Selfless Queen who had failed to return after the battle - she was his best friend in this world and he let her get captured. He could never forgive himself. He was so devoured in his own thoughts that he didn't realise that Nikabrik walked up behind him, a wicked smile on his face.

"Are you so glad of that magic horn now, boy?" Nikabrik asked Caspian in a mocking turn. "The kings and queens have failed us. Your army is half dead. And those that aren't will be soon enough."

"What do you want?" Caspian asked tiredly as he refused to look at the dwarf. "Congratulations?"

"You want your uncle's blood. So do we. You want his throne. We can get it for you." He states and Nikabrik walks away. Caspian hesitates but then follows him him hesitantly as they enter the Stone Table room.

"You tried one ancient power. It failed. But there is power greater still. One that kept even Aslan at bay for near a hundred years." They hear something and Caspian draws his sword, and steps forward. A cloaked figure steps out of the shadows and starts slowly walking towards Caspian.

"Who's there?" Caspian asked, his sword still raised as he stared at the hooded figure - a paw releasing from under the cloak.

" I am hunger, I am thirst. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst.Show...me...your enemies!" He sneers and the werewolf throws off his hood, shocking Caspian as a hag approaches.

"And you can guarantee Miraz' death?" Caspian asked, tricked by a wave of naivety as he stared at the hag and the werewolf.

"And more." The hag assures as Caspian puts away his sword, and then looks back at Nikabrik. The dwarf only nods. "Let the circle be drawn."

The hag begins saying strange words as the werewolf draws a circle on the ground around Caspian. The hag pulls out the White Witch's wand, and sticks it into the ground. Suddenly ice grows up, covering the image of Aslan on the How walls. Within the ice wall, the White Witch appears and Caspian's eyes widen in fear as he looks at her - trying to escape the circle.

"Wait..." He whispers as he looks at Nikabrik. "This isn't what I wanted!"

"One drop of Adam's blood and you free me. Then I am yours, my king." The witch murmured sweetly, her voice soaked in sugar as she stared at the Prince with an assuring smile.

"No!" The werewolf grabs Caspian's hand, and the hag cuts it and blood trickles down his hand, Caspian wincing in pain. The White Witch sticks her hand out of the ice slowly as she smiles. Caspian looks at the Witch in the eye... and then for a moment seems to stop resisting.

"Stop!"

Peter, Edmund, and Trumpkin run into the room and draw their swords. The werewolf crawls over the Stone Table and attacks. Nikabrik and Trumpkin sword fight ferociously whilst the hag knocks Peter's sword out of his hand and Edmund swings at the werewolf. The werewolf howls. Nikabrik stands over Trumpkin, but unexpectedly Lucy comes up and puts her dagger to Nikabrik's throat. Nikabrik twists Lucy's arm around and throws her to the floor harshly - igniting anger in Trumpkin's body. Peter kicks the hag into a pillar and she falls as Edmund runs away, turns back, and hits the werewolf. Nikabrik looks at Lucy and hesitates, and then Trumpkin stabs him in the back - watching as he falls. The Witch however, keeps reaching towards Caspian.