twenty-two

[twenty-two: you're her Edmund]

It was safe to assume that Jill Pole and Eustace Scrubb weren't friends and to be completely honest the two wanted to keep it that way. They had never really got along in Experiment House, Eustace typically standing clear of the bullies and complying to their demands whereas Jill was the one they typically aimed for - she was known to cry a lot around the school hence the typical association of her being a crybaby. So the sudden turn up confused Eustace but at the same time it seemed like a hideous trick of fate.

For little did she know she would be in the same room as her brother's fiancee's husband who she assumed was make believe.

The three children walked down into the Kitchen, immediately spotting Alberta and the proclaimed Jill Pole in conversation - the girl was clearly the same age as Eustace and carried a basket of letters with her as she smiled at Alberta.

"Pole." Eustace greeted nonchalantly as he looked at her, sending her a nod.

"Scrubb." Jill greeted accordingly before he turned to the other two children with a confused look - she had never seen them before.

"Jill this is my niece Lucy and my nephew Edmund." Alberta greeted the three children with a wide smile. "Pevensies this is Jill Pole, the daughter of my friend Agatha."

"Lovely to meet you." Lucy said as she sent the girl a smile, Jill sending a shy one in return. Edmund didn't reply and Lucy nudged him in the chest.

"It's nice to meet you." Edmund said as politely as possible as he sat down at the kitchen counter, trying to keep himself composed despite the empty feeling in the pit of his stomach that just made him want to cry.

"What brings you here Pole?" Eustace asked as he grabbed an apple from the counter and stood next to his cousins, looking at her in confusion as he took a bite out of it.

"Last minute invitations for the wedding, mother had to make new one's so we're only inviting close friends now since it's only two days away." Jill stated as she handed the envelope to Alberta. "You're all welcome if you'd like to come - there's enough space for the Pevensies as well."

In the spirit of peace and joy

this holiday season

Mr. John Potter and Mr. and Mrs. Michael Pole

request the honour of your presence

at the marriage of their children

Jonathan James Pole

and

Genevieve Ginerva Potter