one

[one: birth]

[one: birth]

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized among the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the people's houses that held their lamps that offered sufficient light on a night like this.. The faint wind brushed against the water's surface, the ripples ruffled the stillness of the surface, and shattered the reflection of the harbour. 

A castle stood sentinel on a hill, one that those from the Golden age wouldn't recognize as it was infested with man made devices rather than the natural Narnian soils that had been plucked and removed many years ago. The castle was dark, silent even except from one light that emitted from the Queens chamber - screams erupting as shadows dance around the room. The Queen Prunaprismia screams heavily as beads of sweat trickle down her forehead, midwifes around her trying to soothe the Queen as she suffers in a terrible labour that would be the beginning of the future to come. At the back of the room stood a victorious Knight, Glozelle, who watched as the Queen struggled until the babe was placed in her arms, his cries only hardening as he stares at his mother. Glozelle meets the Queens eyes before he bows and walks outside the room - where the King is spotted, waiting patiently for the news of whether the heavens had blessed him or not.

The King turned solemnly as he stared at Glozelle, his eyes pressing for the news as he heard a baby's cry in his wifes quarters - his eyes darting from the room back to Glozelle as he waited for the news a little less patient than he had been a few moments before. 

"Lord Miraz, you have a son." Glozelle muttered as he bowed to the King, whose face held a wicked smile as he turned to the Knight.

"The heavens have blessed us." Miraz said happily before turning to look at Glozelle, a stern look in his eyes but a wicked smile on his face. "You know your orders, General Glozelle."

"Yes, my lord." Glozelle muttered before he bowed again and retreated down the corridor - his commands clear in his mind.

A Telmarine soldier paces the hallway towards a door slowly, his motive clear as soldiers follow behind him in hopes of getting the Kings job done quickly . Unbeknownst to them a cloaked figure quietly sneaks into the chambers of a Prince, pulls the drapes away, and places his hand over the Prince's mouth. Prince Caspian X awakens startled, and looks up to the man in question and his face relaxes as he stares towards his teacher Doctor Cornelius, identifying the mans motives immediately - or so he thought.

"Five more minutes." The Prince murmurs as he tries to bury his face back into his pillow, hoping for a little more sleep before his weekly star gazing lesson with Cornelius.