6

It was the evening when his mother gave Jungkook a small package which was delivered this afternoon. "What is it?", Jungkook asked surprised, he never received letters or anything so this was kinda new to him. "I don't know, open it, it's addressed for you", his mother answered and chuckled. "When you're done come downstairs okay? Jimin and his parents will arrive any moment", with those words she left the room and went back into the kitchen.

And Jungkook was left alone with this package, a bit confused he looked for a name on it but there wasn't any. There was simply his own name written in capital letters on the front.
Slowly he opened it but a weird smell reached his nose immediately. It smelled like blood. Fresh blood.
"What the-", he breathed out as he saw a small box in it. He opened it as well and couldn't believe his eyes for what was in there.

There was a little vodoo-doll, covered in blood with a sticky note sticked right onto it's chest. "Ugh", Jungkook gulped the disgust down and tried to fiddle the note out of the blood to read what was written on there.

' you're not one of them. you should have stayed away. '

For a moment Jungkook didn't dare to move or even breathe. Who put this into the postbox? Who wrote this note? This wasn't funny or anything, this was scary. Frightening.
He slowly got up and put the box into his wardrobe so his mother wouldn't find it. There was only one person who came to his mind who could have done this and the more he let that thought in the more his anger built up.

"What the hell is wrong with you!!!", Jungkook yelled at Jimin who just arrived with his parents as Jungkook came running downstairs. "You're such a-", but the next moment he felt his father pulling him by his wrist back and forced him to look him into the eyes. "What is this about Jungkook?!", he asked his son worriedly. "NOTHING. This is a thing between us", Jungkook yelled back and pulled his wrist out of his father's hand.
Jimin was totally confused. "I'm sorry for today in the lunch break okay?! I don't know what got into me", the older stuttered obviously confused. And he was obviously sorry for real.
"I'm not talking about that", Jungkook said coldly. "But apology accepted", he then added and crossed his arms.
"What are you talking about then?!", Jimin asked even more irritated.
"The little thing you sent me in the postbox today", Jungkook came closer to Jimin. "I have no idea what you're talking about", Jimin mumbled and looked Jungkook in the eyes for a while. "But can I see what you got send?", he then added because a really bad presentiment creeped inside his thoughts.

Jungkook nodded, turned around and walked upstairs. Maybe he'd admit it when they were alone and not in front of their parents.
Their parents simply stared after them and were silent for a minute before Jungkook's father broke the silence and said sorry for his son's behaviour before their families greeted each other and started a long and boring conversation about their business.

*

"I can live with all your threats and I don't care if you punch me or embarrass me in front of everyone. But sending me disgusting things like this home where my parents could see it, that is too much Jimin", Jungkook grumbled while he grabbed the little box and opened it in front of Jimin's face which froze immediately.

"Oh for fuck's sake", he bursted out and looked up into Jungkook's eyes. "I didn't send you this but I know who did", he whispered and closed the box again so he hadn't have to look at it anymore. "So, who did?", Jungkook asked.

"I don't know exactly but let me tell you one thing. You're in and you won't get out alive. That's their rules", Jimin explained and looked at Jungkook with sad and worried eyes.

"In what?!"

"The game."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and expected further explanation.

"I have no idea Jungkook, all I can say is that it will fuck up your mind. You should have never got in touch with Lisa and her friends. This was your greatest mistake."

"I was in touch with you before. So it's also your fault since you're apparently part of the game as well", Jungkook argumented, he still wasn't understanding this thing.

"Look, I'm not really in danger because I play by their rules, they don't take anything from me and let me live however I want. Lisa, Jennie and Taehyung on the other hand are known for fighting this game. But you'll see, congrats for perfectly ruining your life", Jimin laughed weakly.
And Jungkook couldn't stay calm anymore, he lifted his hand and punched the boy right into his face.

"First, don't try to trick me. I know you sent it you asshole. Second, the punch was for the lunch break because I obviously don't accept your apology", Jungkook smiled and walked out of the room back to their parents and sat down with a lovingly smile plastered on his face.

He didn't believe Jimin one word. Not a single one.

***