57

"Lili?", a soft voice appeared at the crying girl's door. She was literally crying for hours, she didn't know what to do or how to go on. Everything was fucked up, people kept dying and the worst of all was, no one seemed to care. Her best friends acted as if everything was fine, but Lisa couldn't keep her head up. She felt all her emotions slamming right into her face, making her almost throw up.  "Hm?", she asked and looked up as she saw her father leaning against the door frame. "Can I come in?", he asked carefully which made Lisa's heart drop instantly. He was there for almost a month now already and she didn't give him a single nice sentence since then. Even though he tried it daily to get to her, he cooked amazing dinner for them, he bought her sweets and lovely small presents to cheer her up, he did everything he could. But something inside of the girl was too broken to put any trust in him ever again; how was she supposed to do that after he left her when she was a kid? He was never there.
"Sure", she replied after a while and sat up in her bed, grabbing her pillow and hugging it softly. She quickly wiped the last few tears away before she finally looked at her father. "I'm worried about you Lalisa", he started a bit unsure as he fiddled around with his own hands. "Oh, you are?", she simply asked and raised an eyebrow. She was so tired of all of this. Not even her friends noticed that something about her was different. The girl who always smiled and was full of power wasn't like that anymore, she faked a lot of smiles lately and no one even realised. So how would her father be able to, he didn't know her at all. "Oh come on Lili, please. Let me talk to my daughter for once in my life", he begged and suddenly he was the one with tears filling his eyes. "I'm trying so hard", he whispered and bit his lips sadly. "When are you leaving again? Someday you'll have to get back to your perfect life with your perfect wife and your new kids. Just tell me when."
It was true, her father had a new girlfriend for many years by now, he treated her kids like his own and he also didn't pay much attention to Lisa during all those years; but he was here now. "I broke up with her, I won't have to leave you again Lili", he looked at his daughter and gulped down the pain that creeped up his throat. "Why?", that's all she asked.

"She wanted me to come back two weeks ago but I told her I'm not coming back without you. And you still needed time so I didn't want to put pressure on you", he said and shrugged. "Your mother isn't here anymore to take care of you, so I'll be there even though you don't want me to. But every teenager needs a parent at some point, so I decided to stay."

"You put me first?", Lisa asked and her eyes widened as she realised how horrible she treated her own father while he was giving up everything for her. "Of course I did." He smiled weakly at her and ruffled her hair. "You're my little Lili, someone has to raise you into a grown-up woman."
Lisa sighed quietly but then gave him a shy smile. "Thanks."

*

"Jennie."

Jennie let out a heavy sigh as she saw her mother walking into her room. "The funeral of Yoongi was two days ago, how long will you keep up the drama acting?", she asked coldly and crossed her arms. "I need you to show up at the gala tonight. No excuses this time."
Jennie didn't even know what to say so she simply got out of her bed and walked over to her small desk where she had all her make-up on. "My boyfriend died, I think everyone would understand if I don't show up", she simply said and then started putting make up on. She had to somehow make her skin glow and her smile light up again. "Did you gain weight?", her mother suddenly yelled out and looked at her daughter judgingly. "You look horrible."
Jennie tried to ignore it, instead she stared into the mirror and gulped at her own reflection. "You won't find a new boyfriend like this", her mother said and scrunched her nose. "I don't want a new boyfriend."

Her mother only rolled her eyes at this and walked over to her. "Try the new dress on I bought you."
Jennie nodded and got up, "Leave the room then so I can change."  But her mother shook her head, "No, I need to check your weight. You'll change right in here."
Jennie crossed her arms. "No."
"No discussion."

The woman said this with such a strong attitude coming along her voice that Jennie couldn't help but listen immediately. She just put her clothes off and looked at her mother as the face of her froze.
"You wanted to see."

Jennie's body was bruised completely. She had purple marks everywhere, her wrists and her tighs had cuts on it and the girl didn't look beautiful at all.
"Is this Yoongi's work?", her mother asked as she started to panic.

"Nah, I'm just done with my life", Jennie replied with a bittersweet smile, and that's how her mother simply started to scream like a crazy woman who had no idea how to react properly.