67

It's the small moments that matter in the end, all those tiny pieces of happiness that come down to you in the end.
Like the first time you looked into each other's eye or the first kiss you shared.
Taehyung however remembered everything in the remaining five hours. From their first night together when he promised Kookie to love all his flaws and kissed his scars to make him feel comfortable around him.
Jungkook really trusted him, he gave him all of himself and Tae took a long time until he finally appreciated that.
It broke his heart just thinking about the times he pushed Jungkook away to save his reputation, to make his father happy or to keep a straight act up.

None of this mattered now.

He should've never left Jungkook alone with anything, he needed him.
Obviously there was more wrong with him than he ever thought. But just the fact that he tried to kill himself three times was scaring the hell out of Tae. How much pain must he'd been going through to make him do this?

Taehyung still felt as if he didn't know Jungkook at all; maybe he was right. But if he knew one thing then that he was madly in love with this boy with no going back and he couldn't bare the thought of losing him to death already.

All he wanted was having him back, even if it was just for a moment. To hold him one more time, to kiss him one more time and to see his goddamn beautiful smile for a last time.
Sadly not every wish could come true.

"Tae", Jennie's soft voice made Taehyung look up from his lap where he was staring at for the past hour. "Do you need anything? Coffee?", she asked worriedly as she patted his shoulder softly. "I need Kookie", he shot back and pushed her hand away. "And I need answers", he added slowly. Jennie sighed quietly and ruffled his hair, "You'll get answers, okay? Focus on Kookie now, try to let go Tae. The chances aren't big that he'll be back."
"No, no." Tae crossed his arms stubbornly and shook his head, "I had no chance to say goodbye, he can't die. He can not do this to me Jennie, he loves me, he wouldn't do that."

Jennie felt tears crawling up her eyes as she looked at Taehyung. He looked so broken and his eyes lost their spark. Well, they never sparkled if Kook wasn't around, he was Tae's light for real. Those two needed each other so much and it broke Jennie's heart to know that Kookie lost the fight against himself.
"I know how it feels to never say goodbye", she whispered. She couldn't say her goodbyes to Yoongi as well when he got killed, "Just remember him in the most beautiful way you possibly can."

But Tae stood up from his chair and shot her a death glare, "Stop talking as if he's already dead. He's not!!", Tae yelled out and left the room. He couldn't stand this.
His way lead him directly in front of the surgery room where he sat down on the floor and started crying helplessly.
"I'd do it all so much better", he sobbed to himself as he covered his face with his hands. "Just come back to me, I don't know what to do without you Kookie", he whispered but there was no answer.

Instead the door of the surgery room got opened and the doctor came out-

"I'm so sorry", he started as Tae got up from the floor and felt like he lost any sense of reality.
"We lost him."

00:10:00