29

An hour later it knocked on the bedroom door and the four teens who sat on the bed, cuddled onto each other, looked up confused. There was no one missing, so who would come for them now? It's not like Taehyung's parents would knock, they had a thing for just walking in on them.
"Lisa? Are you in there?", Lisa's face frowned as she recognized the voice. It was her father. Taehyung and Jennie also recognized it and immediately pulled Lisa closer to protect her. Jungkook was simply irritated, why would they react like that? Who was that?

The door opened and a man stepped in, he was clearly in his early fifties and seemed to live a successful life. He got some wrinkles underneath his eyes and you could see that he had a happy life or at least he laughed a lot. All in all he seemed nice and sympathetic to Jungkook. "Who's that?", he finally asked the others. Lisa bit her lips angrily and stared at the man. "It's my father."
The man's expression softened as he looked at his daughter. "Oh dear", he mumbled and looked down for a moment. "You look so grown-up."
"That's because I am a grown-up now Daddy", she answered coldly. "But how would you know? You weren't here."

And that's when Jungkook got it. He got the problem.
Lisa's father seemed so nice but no 'nice' in the world could replace time when a father should have been around.

A Dad wasn't just someone to look up to, not just someone who earned the money and showed up once or twice a week. A father should be there when a kid learns to walk, he should be there when they got their first bruise on their knees. He should still be there when his daughter got her first heartbreak or his son got his first crush and doesn't know how to handle it.
And still be around when the first break up happens, when they graduate highschool, and when they leave for college.

A father wasn't a father if he never paid attention to his kids growing up.

"Can we talk in private?", her Dad asked and you could clearly see how hurt he was by Lisa's reaction to him showing up. But what did he expect?
Lisa rolled her eyes but then got up and walked out of the room, waving her Dad to follow her.
They walked into an empty room and Lisa looked at him expectingly. "Why are you here?"
He raised an eyebrow, "Because your mother died and someone needs to take care of you", he explained a bit confused as if he wouldn't understand her reasoning.
"First of all, she didn't just die. She got murdered", Lisa said harshly, "Secondly, someone should have taken care of me a long time ago already but he didn't so, fuck off and go back to your perfect wife and your perfect life in which I don't even exist", Lisa said and stepped backwards. "I don't need you here Daddy, I've been fine on my own for a while now. Mom never had time, you never had time. I got others", she said slowly. "Your friends?", her father asked softly and she nodded. "Yes, they are what I call family."
This made her father smile weakly, "I'm glad you got friends like that. But you've got to live with the fact that I'm back now and I'll stay."
Lisa laughed bitterly, "For how long? Will I wake up after a week to a bag filled with chocolate and a letter full of apologies again?", those words made her father look down on his shoes. "Give me a chance Lisa."

"No", Lisa shot back and the first tears fell down her cheeks. "You didn't see me for years. You've been gone my whole life and now you think you can walk in and out of my life as if I'd be a fucking idiot who forgives you everything?", Lisa sobbed and wiped her tears away.
"Lisa, I'm so sorry. I love you, darling", he replied, tears also filling his eyes. "I've never stopped loving you."
"Where's the difference? You weren't there!", Lisa yelled out.
"Lisa..", he said but he had no words. "

"No Dad. You can't make somebody trust you again if they don't. You can't say you're sorry and make it better. You can't put a family back together if they are broken apart. It doesn't work like that", and with those words she ran out of the room and also out of the house.

She couldn't take that much all at once.

Right when she entered the street she bumped into someone and almost fell down if the other person wouldn't have catched her. "Heyhey woah-", it was a guy who hold Lisa and smiled softly as he recognized her.
"Where are you going?", he asked after she also realised who was holding her and a smile crawled on her face. "Felix", she breathed out relieved and hugged him tightly.
"I was going nowhere, just trying to run away from my demons", she joked and sighed deeply and turned around as she saw her father stepping outside the front door and looking after her.
"What happened?", he asked confused.

"Well, did you know what happened to my mother this morning?", she asked slowly and Felix nodded, "Yeah- I heard", he answered and gave her a shy kiss on the cheek. "I'm so sorry for your loss Lisa", he mumbled while looking down on the ground. Lisa smiled weakly, "It's okay. Thank you. Well, now my father is back in town and thinks it's all fine but it isn't and I kinda freaked out when I talked to him a few minutes ago. That's what happened", she explained while looking at her father in distance.

He still stood there and was even crying ; just like Lisa.