55

It was about a week later when Jimin's funeral took place. There was the whole town gathered and everyone felt guilty somehow. Even though no one knew who was responsible for the young boy's death.
"Oh it's nice seeing you here", Jimin's father mumbled as he patted Taehyung's shoulder. Taehyung was standing there next to Jungkook. Taehyung's parents and also his mother were there as well, they stood next to their sons and gave the Park family some soft hugs as well. No one thought Jimin would be next; he never hurt anyone intentionally.

"I'm so sorry for your loss", Taehyung's father mumbled and took Jimin's father once again by surprise. They weren't exactly on good terms since their sons made out back in the past.
Something about Taehyung's father was different, something was off. But were there reasons or did he just turn into a better person?

Jungkook looked up as he saw Lisa and Jennie entering the place as well. Both girls were wearing tight black dresses and looked absolutely stunning, even though Jennie put on sunglasses because her eyes were completely swollen and reddened. After the school told her about Yoongi's death she had a mental breakdown and she didn't leave her bed since then. But somehow she had to show up at this funeral, it would he too weird if she'd not be here.
But two funerals in one week were a little too much for all four kids.

"What is he doing here-", Taehyung said and glanced at Felix who just entered the ground. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, "Maybe they had a secret 'I love Jungkook-club'.." The younger started laughing but Taehyung didn't find that funny, "In which world do they love you??"
"Jimin confessed to me before Homecoming and Felix is so obsessed with me breaking up with you that I simply assume that", Jungkook shrugged but Taehyung's expression froze.
"Why didn't I know anything about the Jimin thing? He's my ex. You can't just-", "Calm down I never gave him an answer."
Taehyung's eyes widened, "Wow. Jimin is pretty much sensitive and you gave him no answer? Asshole", the older crossed his arms and then walked over to Felix.

"I give you one minute to kindly fuck off and leave this funeral", Taehyung said and grabbed Felix by his wrist. "Woah, the anger problems get worse huh?", the younger chuckled and wasn't impressed at all. "What the hell are you doing here? You killed him."

Felix sighed heavily. "God, why does everyone think I'm a psyochopath..", he shook his head. "Jungkook didn't tell you?"
"Told me what?!", but he got no further answer. Instead Felix giggled and simply walked away.
Meanwhile Taehyung turned around slowly but surely until he met the eyes of his boyfriend. Oh and this one understood in the blink of an eye what was going on.

And suddenly his whole theory made sense again.

*

About an hour later everyone sat in church and they were staring at a picture of Jimin while he was smiling so much into the camera that it literally ripped Jungkook's heart out.

"Is there anyone who wants to speak a little bit? Someone of his friends maybe?", the dead boy's father asked softly and their eyes especially focused on Jungkook. Everyone knew they were close even though Jimin always pretended to bully and hate Jungkook. "I don't know if I can", Jungkook whispered but Taehyung pushed him forwards. "You owe it to him."
And with those words Jungkook gave in and walked in front of all the peoole in here. Jennie or Lisa probably would've loved that, being seen by everyone and speaking in front of so many people.
Well Jungkook had a hard time doing that.

"So.. uh- hi I'm Jungkook. I'm not sure if I'd consider myself as a friend of Jimin but I was important to him, that's for sure. We had a not so easy past but I get it now, I get it all and I'm sorry for not being able to.. I'm simply sorry. Jimin was way too young to die but I guess that's what happens in this town. Everybody dies at some point."

Jungkook struggled with his own tears as he stopped talking. "I'm sorry", he said and then started running out of the building. This was too much to handle for him. He felt so broken right at this very moment and when he stood there in front of everyone he could see their eyes focusing on every single action of his. He wasn't that nerdy kid anymore who no one paid attention to. No, he was Jeon Jungkook and pretty well-known in this town. As he got out he gasped for air and sat down on a bench.
Taehyung followed him immediately- of course he did. He promised himself to never leave Jungkook out of sight ever again.

"Babe, you alright?", he asked worriedly as he saw Kook tearing up completely. He covered his eyes and sobbed like a baby. "I'm so so sorry", he kept saying but Taehyung didn't get it. "What are you sorry for? What's wrong?"
"I'm a coward, that's why", Jungkook whispered but got his boyfriend just even more confused. "Why?"

"Because I know who killed him and I didn't do shit about it."
"Was there a chance where you could even have changed anything?"
"Yes Tae! I knew it before he died who'd kill him", he wiped away his tears and looked at Taehyung guilty.

"Oh Jungkook.. What are you hiding from us?"

"It's a long story. But here we go.. "