Allie

"No stupid map," I groan in frustration, wandering the halls aimlessly. "They couldn't have given me a stupid map?"

The bell tolls, leaving me alone in the hall. Lovely. I'm late on my first day all because I can't find the stupid room.

Settling on the direction I think the room is in, I book it, speedwalking through the halls as quick as my legs will take me.

That is, until I get to a corner and someone crashes into me. Hot coffee spills all over my shirt, making me wince.

"Oh, my god. I am so sorry-"

"Ow, fuck, that's hot." I pull the fabric from my skin. "Jeez-"

"I am so sorry," Someone says again, making me look up.

A man stands in front of me, holding a now empty coffee cup. He's got on a dark gray cardigan with a blue and white checked button down underneath. His hair is brown, on the longer side, and curly. Soft brown eyes stare back at me, guilt-stricken.

"I-it's fine," I sigh, looking back down at my shirt. I just had to wear white today, didn't I?

"No, I wasn't looking where I was going. I can buy you another shirt, if you just tell me how much it was, I can-"

"Don't worry about it, alright!" I snap, setting my bag down and grabbing my hoodie from inside. I realize how harsh my tone of voice is and look up at him, feeling like an asshole. "I'm sorry, I just...I'm really late and this school doesn't give maps, so I can't find the stupid classroom-" I pull my hoodie over my head, careful not to smudge my makeup.

"Where are you headed? I'm sure I can tell you where it is." He asks, looking back at me.

"I'm actually looking for this criminology class. It's actually called 'Inside The Criminal Mind'. In room two-forty-five?" I throw my bag over my shoulder again.

"I'm headed there, too. You're actually going the wrong way. It's this way," He points in the opposite direction of where I was headed.

"Oh. Well, good thing I ran into you!" I roll my eyes and turn on my heel, walking in the direction he pointed.

He leads the way after getting in front of me.

"I won't mark you as late, just...sit down when you get inside and I'll come in after-" He says as we walk.

"What? You're the professor?" I look at him like he's crazy. He's gotta be joking.

"Dr. Reid," He introduces himself. "And you are?"

"An idiot," I run my hand through my hair. "I'm Alexandria, well, Allie Taylor. I'm taking your class."

"Mhm, I got that last part."

I want to roll my eyes, but I think I've already crossed a line by raising my voice at him. Of course he had to be the fucking teacher. That's just my luck.

"Here it is," Dr. Reid says as we stop in front of a door. "You go first, I'll be in after-"

"Thanks," I say awkwardly, shooting finger guns.

I head into the classroom and find a seat amongst the other students.

As I pull out my pen and notebook, Dr. Reid comes through the doors.

"Sorry to be late, but there were some minor complications. I'm Dr. Spencer Reid, and I'm your professor!" He gives an awkward smile to the crowd. "This class is a sort of amalgamation of criminal psychology, criminology, criminal profiling..and really just anything you can think of!"