Allie

Spencer's phone rings, and I don't think much of it until he asks me to get up.

I sit up, allowing him to get off of the couch. "Hello, this is Dr. Spencer Reid."

He paces for a little bit as he listens to whoever is talking to him.

"Okay, alright. Thank you for letting me know," Spencer says into the phone.

When he hangs up, he puts his phone back into his pocket and looks at me. "I'm sorry, Al, but I think I'm gonna head to bed."

"Don't be sorry!" I reach for the remote and shut off the television. "I'll come with you."

As we turn all of the lights off and lock up for the night, I ask what the call was about.

"My dad's funeral," He tells me as we walk up the stairs. "They were letting me know a date was set."

"Oh, well, we can look at plane tickets tomorrow."

"Don't bother, I'm not going," Spencer turns the corner, heading for our room.

I follow behind him. "You're not?"

"No, why should I? What did he ever do for me when he was alive?"

"Spence-" I start, only to be cut off.

"He claimed that he couldn't 'handle' my mom, so he dumped her and all of her problems on an eight year old. He lived ten minutes away the whole time and... never even bothered to visit us," He shakes his head and runs a hand through his hair. "I...I'm gonna take a shower."

"Can I come with?" I ask him quietly.

"No," He says a bit harshly before heading into the bathroom by himself.

Alright, Allie. Don't take that personally. He's upset over his dad and he didn't mean to have a mean tone with you.

Some tears build up in my eyes, but I do my best to blink them away. It doesn't work, though. It never really works.

The bathroom door opens and Spencer steps out. "I'm sorry," He says, rushing toward me and wrapping his arms around my torso. He rests his head on my shoulder. "I didn't mean to..." He loses his words for a second. "I didn't mean to be an asshole to you, Allie."

"It's okay," I tell him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Spencer pulls back and looks at me. "Oh, honey..." He moves his hands to my cheeks and swipes away a stray tear. "I'm really sorry."

"Spence, I'm okay! I'm okay."

He frowns at me, but nods. "If you still want to take a shower together, I'd love to."

I give him a tiny smile and nod, taking his hand and pulling him toward the restroom.

We undress and step into the shower together. I wash his hair for him while humming a song that's been stuck in my head all day.

"Do you want to talk about the appointment you had today?" Spencer asks me when I stop humming to get some more shampoo.

"There's not much to talk about, y'know?" I tell him, putting some more shampoo into the palm of my hand. I shut the lid and set the bottle down before rubbing my hands together and continuing to massage his head. "It was just me talking about my parents and Josh, then... what happened that night."

"You did what you had to do to survive, Allie," Spencer tells me for what must be the hundredth time. Every time I find myself dwelling on the details of what happened, he's always there to tell me that I didn't do anything wrong.