Spencer

"Here, baby, don't get up..." I tell Allie, handing her a glass of water and two aspirin.

Tonight proved to be interesting. Once we got back to my place, Allie and I 'got up to no good' as she'd call it. She wanted to try a more rough go around, so we did. Just a few minutes ago, just as she was hitting her climax, she'd felt a headache come out of no where. An orgasm headache. Maybe my overstimulation kink carried me away tonight. She's had several and she got a headache from it. I can't help but to feel bad.

"I could have gotten these for myself, Spencer," She sighs, staring down at the two pills in her hand. "But thank you."

"I know, I know...but I'm to blame for that headache. I went a little too far, I think," I watch her as she downs the pills and the entire glass of water.

"You couldn't have known," She chuckles. "It's just a headache. It'll go away in a little while. In the meantime, why don't we go to sleep? You have work in the morning," She smiles up at me.

"I'd rather not go," I shrug, heading over to my dresser and grabbing a shirt for her to wear to bed. I grab a pair of her underwear out of her bag, as well.

"Why?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'd rather stay with you," I tell her as I help her into the shirt, then her underwear. "I won't even get to see you in class tomorrow...or until we catch this idiot."

"Which will be soon! Are you forgetting that your team is the best of the best?" She stands up, giving me a reassuring smile. "And that you're a kick-ass genius?"

"If we were the best of the best, we'd have caught him by now. This wouldn't be happening..." I frown, breaking eye contact with Allie. "We'd have caught him before he hurt your parents."

"Spencer, that's not your fault. That's not anyone's fault..." She wraps her arms around me and rests her head on my chest.

"But-"

"No 'but's, Spence," She cuts me off. "You don't beat yourself up like this after other cases, do you?"

I run my left hand through her hair and my right hand finds her left one, interlocking out fingers. "That's different, this is you..."

"It wasn't me back then, though. It was just another case and you did your best,"

She's right. It was a long time ago, and the team did everything they could. Still, though, I wasn't at my best. Maybe if I was...it wouldn't have happened. Then again, if I was at my best then...maybe it'd have been because Maeve was still alive. If she was, maybe I wouldn't be with Allie today. Maybe I'd be married, maybe I'd have kids...

Does Allie even want to get married one day? Does she even want to have kids?

And if she does... when would she want to? She's only twenty-one, still in college...

I can't ask her to put her life on hold to give me what I want.

"I know," I sigh, pulling out of her embrace.

She looks up at me with sad brown eyes. "Are you okay?"

I just nod and give her a tiny half-smile. "I'm alright, just tired."

"Well, let's go to bed."

-

Tuesday passes dreadfully slowly. Allie uses my laptop to keep in touch with me all day. I head to Emily's after work and attempt to go over the case. We don't find anything out. It's the same routine on Wednesday.

I get a message from Allie about ten minutes after I get to Emily's.

Allie: hey, are you at Emily's yet?