Spencer

The night was void of nightmares after I fell asleep with Allie holding me. Her 'super power' seemed to work.

I'm pulled out of my slumber by the sunlight pouring in through the curtains. I turn over, seeing that the spot next to me in the bed is empty.

She left?

I sit up, finding that her clothes are still on the floor. She hasn't left, but my bedroom door is closed.

I hop out of bed and pull on some sweatpants and a shirt before opening up the door.

I hear some humming coming from the kitchen and head there, finding Allie with her headphones in. She's dressed in a pink skirt and a red short sleeve shirt with white hearts all over it, swinging her hips about to whatever tune she's listening to. Her back is to me as she cooks. Her hair is tied up in a high pony tail.

"God knows, God knows I want to break free," She sings lightly, grabbing a bowl from beside the stove. She's making pancakes. "I've fallen in love. I fallen in love for the first time, and this time I know it's for real."

I lean up against the door frame, watching her with a big smile.

"I've fallen in love. God knows!" She's started moving her shoulders now, setting the bowl back down on the counter and picking up a spatula. "God knows I've fallen in love."

I'm just noticing the grocery bags on the counter. I didn't have all of the ingredients for pancakes, so she had to go out.

"Strange, but it's true. I can't get over the way you-" The girl spins around to face me, letting out a tiny yelp before whipping the spatula at me.

The spatula hits me right in the face, earning a little gasp from Allie.

"Oh, my God. I'm sorry!" She rushes toward me, ripping her headphones out and bringing her hands to my face. "You scared me, I'm sorry."

I rub my forehead where it hit the hardest, letting out a small chuckle. "It's okay. I didn't mean to scare you!" I tell her. "I was just watching you sing and dance."

"Oh," Her face flushes and she pulls away. "You were watching that?"

I nod, giving her a smile. "You have a really pretty voice, Allie. It's probably even better when you're not trying to sing quietly." The comment earns a blush from her. "What were you singing?"

"Queen," She says, grabbing the spatula off of the ground. She heads to the sink to wash it. "I'm sort of on a Queen kick lately. Do you know any of their music? I mean, I'm sure you've heard of them. Everyone has, but..." She fades out, probably trying to figure out what to say.

"I'm more into classical music, but I've heard a few of their songs." I tell her with a small smile.

"Yeah, I snuck a peek at your records. I hate to tell you off, but...you shouldn't store them like that," The girl moves toward the stove again, flipping the pancake before turning back to look at me.

"One on top of another?" I ask her.

Allie nods. "Mhm, they'll warp and skip if you keep them like that. You have to store them upright."

"I didn't know that,"

She cracks a smile. "And you call yourself a genius, huh?"

-

Breakfast is lovely. Allie proves herself to be an expert chocolate chip pancake chef.

She sets out to leave just after, telling me that she needs to go home and get ready for work.

"See you on Monday?" Allie gives me a small smile, standing at my door with her backpack on and purse in hand.

I nod, smiling right back at her. "Yeah, see you Monday."