Allie

Spencer spends both Monday and Tuesday night at my place. When I wish him good luck and kiss him goodbye on Wednesday morning, I didn't anticipate that he'd be leaving on a case right away.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone," Spencer says with a small sigh. "It's usually until we hit a dead end or find out who did it."

"Well, I'll be waiting for you when you get back," I tell him reassuringly.

He's quiet for a few seconds before I hear him sigh.

"What's wrong, Spence?"

He stutters a tiny bit as he tries to get his words out. "I... Well, it's just that..." He sighs again. "I'm just worried about leaving you alone."

"Spence, I'm okay. I'll be waiting for you, and we'll talk before bed every night. On your lunch break, whenever!" I try to say happily. "I'm fine with being alone."

"I meant that... if something happens to me."

"Spencer, nothing will happen to you. You've been in the Bureau for fifteen years and you're okay."

"I can't count the number of times on one hand that I've been shot, kidnapped, beaten, taken hostage. Allie, I got lucky. What if... what if I don't?"

"Honey," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "I know you'll be safe."

"You're really okay by yourself til I get back?"

"I am, I promise. Plus, I've got Klaus. We'll see you when you get back."

I hear him chuckle. "I love you. The jet is about to leave, so I'll call you when I land."

"Okay, Spence. I love you."

We say our goodbyes and hang up.

Our phone calls over the week are quick during whatever free moment he gets and then at the very end of the day, just as he's getting ready to go to bed.

He does text me throughout the day when he doesn't have time to call.

I've gotten several.

'Thinking about you.'

'I love you, beautiful girl.'

'I saw a woman with rainbow hair today. No one can pull it off like you. I loved that hair, but I love it just as much now.'

The last one prompted a midnight hair session while talking to Spencer on the phone.

"Why are you up so late?" He asks. "Baby, it's nearly midnight there."

"I'm just doing some art," I shrug, taking another section of hair.

This qualifies as art, right? Sort of.

"Will you show me when I get back?"

A small giggle falls off of my lips. "Sure, Spence."

He laughs. "Mhm, I can't wait. I miss you."

"I miss you."

He came back on Tuesday night and crawled into bed with me, giving me quite a fright.

"What the hell? You scared the hell out of me," I sit up in bed, turning my bedside light on.

Spencer starts to apologize before he looks up at me. "Hey! Hey, you changed your hair!" The boy grins, sitting up. "Oh, babe, look at you..." Spencer reaches for my hair, combing his fingers through it. "Purple instead of pink this time, huh?"

"Purple is your favorite color," I shrug, giving him a tiny smile.

"It looks lovely," He says, still combing his fingers through the waves. "Oh! There's rainbow back here, too? In between two layers of purple?"