Graduation

Jin

     The rush of excitement and giddiness that crashes over me as my diploma is handed over completely makes all the last couple years of struggling to pay bills and eat worth it.
       Would I do it again? Maybe not but now that I've finally reached my goal with a prestigious job offer at one of the top high schools in all of Korea, it makes all my endless studying worth the ridicule from friends for being more than a little antisocial.
       I'm not good at multitasking. I can't go out partying every night then go to morning classes with a hangover. I know my limits and try to maintain them.
       "Congratulations, Jinnie! Finally! Never thought it'd end." Hosoek grins, hugging me tightly as his boyfriend scowls at us. Chuckling, I kiss his cheek knowingly.
       Jung Hoseok, my best friend since I was like five. Same interests and both omegas, we've stuck together closely over the years. When we first started college, Hoseok grew distant and I finally came to learn about his boyfriend, Min Yoongi.
       It was honestly a shocking pairing. Both are...total opposites but they somehow make it work. It's quite amusing though whenever Hoseok and I get together, he likes to test Yoongi's possessiveness.
        The alpha knows Hoseok and I are just best friends but he still gets antsy whenever our touching gets too intense. It's funny.
       "Easy for you to say! You graduated last semester with a dancing job. You're a freaking prodigy and you know it. Everything comes easy to you." I pout.
       He doesn't deny it. "Don't hate! You're going to be an excellent teacher." He pauses, glancing over at a Yoongi who's zoned out on his phone. "Hey, let's go out and celebrate! Yoongi's treat!" He giggles, jumping up and down like a two year old instead of a 23 year old college graduate.
       I hesitate.
      "Come on, Jin! You never did anything with us no matter how many times I've begged! You just graduated. You need to live a little and enjoy your last moments before you become a serious adult with responsibilities and a real career." He sneers.
      "We can't all dance and play dress up for life and get paid a livable wage." I sniff.
       "You know I only dress up in private." He blushes. "I don't get paid."
       "Uh huh." I make a pointed glance at Yoongi. "He doesn't give you any money? He's loaded and we both know he gives you an allowance for your ass."
      He smacks my arm, embarrassed. "Shut it!" He reaches for Yoongi and pulls him over to us. "Baby, were going out tonight. Do you mind paying for us?"
       I gag as I watch him pull his alpha into a heated kiss right in front of everyone. Gross. Breathlessly, Yoongi grumbles and tosses his wallet to the omega who squeals happily. "Thanks, Yoon. Love you!"
       "Yeah, whatever. You owe me, though. Don't stay out too late." He says before walking off towards his car.
       "I'm surprised he doesn't want to go with us. You know, to supervise you." I tease.
       He huffs. "So he gives me an allowance, so what? We love each other and he has way more money than I do. We're together so there is nothing wrong with him spending it on me."
        Shaking my head, I drop it. Maybe I'm just being salty because I'm always broke and hungry. He gets to go out on crazy shopping sprees and eat anything anytime he wants. I know if I asked he wouldn't hesitate to lend me some money but I'd never do it.
       I'd rather go hungry. I'm too prideful to beg. Luckily this job will solve all my problems. What's the harm of going out for once and having fun with my best friend before we have to part for our new paths?
       Who knows when we'll be able to hang out again. It could be months. It sucks that his dance company is based in another district. About an hour away.
"I need to go back to my place and get ready." I say, glancing down at my long red graduation gown.
He scoffs. "I've seen your wardrobe. You're coming with me to mine and I'm making you fucking sexy. You need to get laid my friend."
I flush, looking around to make sure no one heard that. "Hoseok! Shush! I d-do not." Stuttering as he pulls me into his brand new car—compliments of Min Yoongi.
He smiles mischievously. "Jinnie...you can't fool me. We both know you haven't had any in..." He frowns, tilting his head while my ears burn.
"I get it! A long long time! Why do you care about my sex life so much anyway?"
"Because friends help each other. I'm not telling you to go find a boyfriend but you have to release all that pent up college stress somehow. This is the perfect time."
Rolling my eyes, I stay quiet as he drives towards his and Yoongi's apartment. I'm ushered into his ridiculously large bedroom and forced to wait out his coming makeover.
Frowning when he pulls out a box of hair dye. "Uhh, What is that?"
"You need a change! You're a mature adult now! We both need to make suitable changes." He giggles, flouncing around the room, pulling all kinds of clothing out and tossing them at me while preparing the hair supplies.
"I don't think..."
He glares at me. "Stop trying to ruin my fun! I never get to do anything with you anymore. Please let's just enjoy this."
"I'm going to be a teacher, remember? I can't dye my hair crazy colors."
He eyes my black hair and face over and over again. "I'm thinking...rose gold? A brownish blondish gold with just a hint of pink? They can't say anything about that." He places hands on his hips with a wide smile.
I decide it's easier to just let him have his way. Not like I really care how I look anyway but if this is my last chance to indulge and wear expensive clothes then who am I to complain?