Another Chance

Jin

    "What do you think about this?"
     I glance up from my phone to see Jimin holding up a long black t shirt and ripped while jeans.
    "Cute."
    He groans and slumps down beside me. "Everything I wear makes me look fat. I probably can't even fit in those stupid jeans." Whining, he drops his head on my shoulder.
      "We can go shopping or maybe over to Hoseok's house? I know he has a lot of clothes you can probably wear. Yoongi spoils him like crazy."
     He perks up a bit. "You think?"
    "Mhm hm."
     Biting his lip, he avoids my gaze. "D-Do you think Yoongi would mind? I don't think he likes me."
     "He does. He's just really grumpy and moody. Doesn't speak up much. He's over that whole drunken party thing. Don't worry."
     "Okay. Can we go? Is Jungkook going, too?"
     I pout. "No. Now that he's better he wants to go back to work full time."
     He smirks at me. "Ooh, feeling neglected?"
     "Shush. Let's get ready." I get up and rummage through my own closet, finding an oversized white sweater and ripped jeans that will go over his stomach perfectly. Tossing them to him, I grab my own clothes and together we get ready before heading to Hoseok's place.

     Hoseok is flushed and panting as he opens the door. My brow furrows as he gulps at us, eyes wide.
     "You okay?"
     "Y-yah." He nods a little too quickly before pushing the door open for us and letting us in. I blink at the dark room. The musky scent in the air prickling my senses.
      I gasp. "Did we interrupt something?!"
     He sits, catching his breath. "No, it's fine. It was almost something but Yoongi got called into work anyway." He waves off my concern. "He just likes to work me up quite a bit to be an ass." He pouts.
      Jimin bites back a laugh as he sits down. "Can I have some clothes? None of mine fit."
     "Of course! I have way too many anyway. I'll never be able to wear them all. Yoongi just keeps coming home with them. I'm appreciative but jeeze, I'm only one omega!"
     I smile, watching as they make their way up the stairs to play dress up. Shaking my head, I head into the kitchen to whip us up a snack knowing how hungry the two pregnant men can get.
      It's nice. This is nice. I'm not jealous. I'm truly happy for them. Hoseok is as hyper and happy as always and Jimin is finally out of his depression and embracing his future child. It's a great time. My mate is better and we've been more intimate than ever...I'm happy. I am.
     So why do I feel like crying? Happy tears perhaps? I watch as one little salty drop falls into the boiling pot of pasta. Wiping my face, I turn away and take a deep breath.
     Tomorrow. Jungkook scheduled us an appointment with a doctor. We'll be able to see what's wrong with me then. Why I haven't got pregnant yet.
     My phone chimes and I jump, startled. I frown at the unknown number. I hesitantly pick it up. "Hello?"
     "Hi, uh, Jin?"
    "Yeah?"
    "It's Namjoon. I know you hate my guts but please hear me out." He rushes out before I can hang up.
     Sighing loudly, I reluctantly wait. "Okay. What do you want?"
     "I want to apologize for the way I've been behaving. I truly hate myself for the way I treated Jimin but I want to be a part of his life. I want to take care of him and our baby. Can you please...maybe let me talk to him? I won't do anything. I just want a chance to redeem myself if possible. I'm really not the awful person I've portrayed myself to be. I want to make it up to him and show him I'm serious about him."
      I frown, conflicted. I can hear the sincerity in his voice and as a teacher it's been instilled in me to give others second chances. Kids make stupid mistakes and they are still kids basically. "I will talk to him and see if he's willing to speak to you but I won't force him into anything. I think we both know he's been forced into enough." I say pointedly.
      He sighs. "Thanks, Jin. I promise that I won't be acting the way I was before. I just need one chance."
     "We'll see." I hang up and finish making our lunch before calling the others down.
      Jimin looks immensely happy as he bounces down into his seat and begins devouring the pasta. Hoseok is much slower but still contains the same energy as he scarfs down the meal.
      "So...Namjoon called me." I break the silence, wanting to get it out in the open.
      Jimin drops his fork. "W-What? Why would that ass call you?"
     I smile. "He asked my permission to talk to you."
     His brow furrows and he sinks deeper in his seat. "I don't want to."
     "I know. I said I wouldn't force you. If you feel up to it though, I think it would help you heal. He is the father of your baby, Jimin." I say gently. "Whether you want it or not he will be in your life one way or another. Wouldn't you prefer it on good terms?"
      He pouts. "I don't want him in my life. I don't trust him."
     "I'm weary as well but I think it's a good idea. At least over the phone. You don't have to see him." I remind him. "Everyone deserves a second chance."
       He groans. "Why you gotta go all 'teacher' on me. I hate that shit."
      Hoseok chuckles. "He's worked hard to have that roll. Jin is excellent at giving advice."
      I grin. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to, okay? I'm just letting you know my feelings on it. The decision is entirely up to you. I won't be disappointed no matter what. It's your life."
      Chewing on his bottom lip, he glances between the both of us before sighing long and hard. "Fine. I'll call him." He slowly gets up and walks out of the room.
     I feel Hoseok's gaze on me. "What?"
    "Do you think that's a good idea?"
     I shrug. "Maybe, Maybe not."
     He nods slowly. "So how are you doing? With Jungkook?"
     My mouth twists as I look away. "Fine. Everything is great." 
     Giving me a look, he finishes his plate. "Are you two going to the doctor?"
     I nod. I told him everything. He knows about our baby issues. "Tomorrow."
     "I'm sure it will be fine. You'll have tons of little Kookies running around in no time." He laughs.
      I smile, snorting. "Shut up."