Complications

Jungkook

    The annoying ring of my phone stirs me from my sleep. I open my eyes to see moonlight streaming in through the window, my mate sleeping soundly beside me. His soft snores muffled by his pillow.
     Groaning quietly, I reach over to the nightstand and grab the stupid phone, frowning at the number. "Hello?"
     "C-can you come g-get me? Please." Jimin's soft pleading voice echos from the other side.
     I sit up and get out of bed, pulling on my jeans and t shirt. "Where are you? You okay?"
     I listen as he tries to calm himself. "I'm...at the bus stop a mile from Namjoon's place." He finally whispers.
     My senses kick into high alert for my friend. "I'll be right there." Hanging up, I grab my keys and take one last look at Jin before exiting the house and getting into my car.
     I drive fast towards his location, making the twenty minute trip in less than fifteen. I see his small form shivering on the cold bench. It's nearly midnight and raining.
     He walks over to the car and slips in, hugging himself. "What happened? Where's Namjoon? Taehyung?" I ask, turning the car around and heading back towards home.
     He sighs, resting his head against the window. "I really messed up, Kook. Namjoon hates me and...and Taehyung locked himself in his room refusing to speak to me. I hate this." He wipes his eyes, sniffling.
     Guilt overcomes me. "Look—I'm sorry I called Namjoon on you. I just thought he deserved to know. If Jin ended up pregnant and did that shit without telling me I'd be furious. I honestly don't know what I'd do. It wasn't very fair of you not to tell him." I explain.
      He scoffs. "I thought you were supposed to be my best friend? You ruined everything for me."
     "No." I peg him a look. "You ruined everything for you. No one forced you to continue things with Namjoon. No one forced you to lie to Taehyung or to get him pregnant under false pretenses. As your best friend I'm obligated to tell you the truth even if it hurts. You fucked up, Jimin. You have to face the consequences."
      He plays with his fingers, staring down at his lap. "H-he tried to force a mating." He whimpers, pulling his knees up to his chest.
      I frown. "What?"
     "Namjoon. He tried to force a mating. Right in front of Taehyung. I r-ran. I left and refuse to answer any of his calls." He admits.
     He sounds so broken and lost, I hate it. I must admit some blame to this. Just a little. "Jimin—"
    "It's not fair. Why did things have to turn out like this?" He begins to cry.
     I struggle to find something to say. "Fuck, Jimin...I don't know—"
     "It's okay. You're right. This is all my fault. I should have told Namjoon no a long time ago and focused everything I had on Taehyung."
     I press my lips into a tight line, watching him falter before me. "Jimin—do you even love Taehyung? Want to be with him forever? I don't know, it just seems that you want him superficially. Not that you can't live without him." I acknowledge.
     I glares at me. "Maybe I don't know what I want right now! Maybe I just wanted some normalcy with Tae! M-maybe...maybe I kinda liked being with Namjoon, too, just a little! I don't know! Is that what you want to hear? I'm just a stupid selfish superficial whore!" He screams, breaking out into sobs. "My life is over."
     I park the car and turn to face him, pulling him into my arms. "Shh, I'm sorry, okay? You're not a selfish superficial whore. You're my best friend. I'm here for you. You're life isn't over, okay? We'll deal with this together."
      He fists my shirt in hands and sobs against my chest. "W-when did you stop being such a douche?" He whispers.
      Snorting, I rub his back. "Shut up, Park."
     He pulls back a little bit and stares up at me with a mix of relief and contentment. Trust. I smile at him. "Everything will be fine. Jin will—"
      I'm completely shook when I feel his lips press against mine, cutting me off. His salty tears slipping into my mouth and onto my tongue. I'm frozen as his hands tighten around me and he whimpers against my mouth.
     It only lasts a few seconds but it's more than enough. I stare at him in shock as he blushes and pulls away. "S-sorry. I'm really sensitive right now. I didn't mean—"
      I turn my body forward, still unsure. "It's okay. I know you didn't mean anything by that." I feel uncomfortable all of a sudden.
     Shit. Jimin just kissed me.
     He bites his lip. "Thanks for being here for me. You're really the only one I have, Jeon. I'm going to go to bed." He exits the car before I can utter a word.
      I watch him go, touching my lips, reflecting. It didn't mean anything. It was just a gratitude kind of thing. He doesn't like me like that. Never has. We're just friends. We've never done anything sexual. Ever.
      I have Jin and he knows that. I've worked hard to get my omega.
     I slowly get out of the car and walk inside, pausing in front of Jimin's room, hearing the shower come on. I feel the need to go in but I don't. Instead, I continue on to my bedroom where my mate is sleeping soundly on our bed.
     I pull off my jeans and shirt and slip back into the warm sheets. Somehow I find it extremely hard to fall asleep. I'm worried about my friend. I'm also worried about if I should tell Jin about what happened or not. It's not a big deal at all but...but I also don't want him to doubt me.
      Especially with Jimin. I can't abandon him in his time of need. Sighing, I close my eyes and breathe in Jin's soft scent beside me in the dark. Yeah, it was really nothing. I need to just forget that shit ever happened. I'm sure Jimin has already done so as well.