Guilty

Jungkook

     "...hello....kook?"
     My head snaps up to see Soyeon leaning over me waving her hand, a confused look on her face. I sigh loudly and pinch the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes.
      "Sorry what?"
     "I was just going over the chart for our next meeting. Were you even paying attention?" Her crossed arms give an annoying view of her quite exposed chest. I can't tell if she's still trying to come on to me or just that fucking oblivious.
      I haven't been able to think properly since I left Jin a few days ago. He was acting very off and every time I call him he tries to rush me off the phone or ignores my texts.
      I can't even ask eomma to check up on him because her and appa took an anniversary trip for the next two months—leaving me in charge of the company and household.
      "Sorry. I'm distracted at the moment." I pause. "I trust your judgment on the charts." Standing up, I grab my coat. "I want you to go ahead and give the presentation in my stead and just cancel our last meeting for tomorrow. We don't really need that other investment anyway. I'm going to head back to Korea early." I explain, tucking my phone into my pocket.
      She blinks, obviously not expecting me to do such a thing. "Jungkook, I can't handle all this on my own!"
      I give her a look. "We both know you can walk circles around most of these overgrown toddler men in this business. I'm just giving you one meeting. Just explain I had an emergency and left sooner than planned. I'll call to reschedule tomorrow's meeting for next time I'm in Japan." I say coolly.
      Sighing, she nods. "Fine. Have a safe trip back, I guess." Her expression is pouty but her words are sincere. I know that many people look down on her and, yes, maybe she's a little pushy with the sexual insinuations and badly veiled wants but otherwise she isn't a bad person and a very hard worker. She does her job hence why appa hired her to work with me in the first place.
      I gather my things and head out, making arrangements to get an earlier flight back home. I want to surprise my mate by returning two days early and try to figure out what's going on with him.

     Luckily, I'm able to catch a flight within a couple hours and arrive back in Seoul by late evening. It's raining and cold when I depart the airport, reflecting my mood as Jin has still refused to answer any of my calls today.
     I hail an Uber and lean back, staring out at the vast city and bright lights of downtown Seoul. I love living here. At the same time it makes me claustrophobic.
      In the future I'd like to purchase a home and land out in the countryside for Jin and our children. Somewhere we can flourish and they can grow without the harsh city environment. Fresh air and freedom would be nice. Privacy as well.
      My eyes flicker every so often but a particular sight has me pausing. My mate stepping out of a clinic.
     "Stop here, please."
      The driver slams on the brake and I tip him heavily before grabbing my things and getting out. I hastily stride across the street to his side before he can get into a bus. I grasp his arm tightly. "Jin."
      He jerks in surprise and the look of abrupt guilt and fear on his face takes me aback. Surprising me. "J-Jungkook! W-when did you get back?" He stutters out.
      Wanting privacy from passing bystanders, I pull him away from the street and curious eyes. "I wanted to get back early and surprise you. I was on my way home when I saw you here. What are you doing, baby?" I keep my voice soft and even specifically to calm him.
     Taking a deep breath, he looks away seeming unable to meet into my eyes. "N-Nothing."
      Furrowing my brow, I glance back at the building. I know it well. It's a medical clinic specifically to care and treat our kind. "Is something wrong? I'm your mate. Why haven't you talked to me?" I'm not angry just confused and a little hurt. "Are you in pain? Is something wrong with—"
      His eyes turn cold. "There is no baby! Stop saying I'm pregnant. I'm not! I took a test, okay! It was negative. I came here to confirm it. I'm. Not. Pregnant."
      I release my hold on him and run a hand through my hair. I take a slow deep breath. "Okay. Jin, it's okay. Maybe I got a little overeager about the whole pregnancy thing and got it wrong. Why are you so upset, though? You can't help it." I murmur, kissing his forehead as his eyes begin to tear up. "I'm not mad."
      As suddenly as his anger hit, it dissolves and leaves a mess of an emotional omega. He collapses into my arms and begins to sob. "I...I'm sorry. M-maybe I can't give you an heir."
      My eyes widen as his sudden reasoning for panic come to light. Pulling back, I cup his face and smile. "Jin, you are worrying way too much. Yes, I figured you'd be carrying by now but..." I hesitate. "It's really not that important to me."
      He scoffs, wiping his eyes. "Isn't that my whole reason for being your husband and mate? Your family expects me to give you an heir, Jungkook! I signed a contract!"
      I look away, gathering my thoughts before gazing right back at him. "Yeah, so what? I didn't choose you just to give me an heir. That was never even on my mind except recently. I fell for you that very first night. Before you even ended up in my bed I knew I wanted you no matter what." I whisper gently.
      He blinks.
     "I chased you and forced on you unforgivable things I feel regretful for but at the same time I don't regret doing them because it got us here. I don't care if my parents what me to have an heir. I just want you." Kissing his nose.
    "You'd have to give up the company. You've worked so hard...they'd find you a replacement."
      I snort, rolling my eyes. "Not possible. One—we're already mated, baby. Is hard to break that kind of thing. Two—both eomma and appa love you. They expect us to give them grandchildren, yes, but if there is some medical reason you can't well...at least we tried. They will understand that."
     He swallows hard a few times. "I don't know..."
     I sigh. "What did the doctor say?"
     He wrings his hands in front of him, shamefaced. "Not much. Told me to give it some time and...and maybe I'm freaking out for nothing."
      My face breaks out into a wide grin. "You should have talked to me. It's hard enough being away from you a lot when I have business trips but then you refuse to answer my calls and texts?" I pout, pulling him back into my arms. "I was worried sick and a little hurt."
      He blushes, staring up into my eyes. "I'm sorry. I've been a little stressed myself." He admits.
      Chuckling, I peck his lips. "Well then how about I get you home and we...un-stress a bit, hm? It's been awhile..." Growling, I nip his bottom lip, running my hands suggestively down his sides. Okay so it's only been a week or so but damn...try having such a sexy breathtaking omega and not getting it every night!
      His breath catches and eyes darken. I love that I can bring that expression out of him. Only me.
      He nods. "I t-think I like that idea..."
     Smiling, I grasp his hand and call for a car to take us home. I've missed home but most of all—him in my bed.