Blind

Jungkook

"Eager to have this little chat, hm?"
Namjoon turns away from the window in my office and looks at me. Dark circles litter his face and he's pale. Very pale. Some of my fervor dies down a little seeing him like this.
"I thought it best to have it out now and get it over with." He admits, sitting down at my desk.
I place myself against the door and cross my arms, arching a brow. "Taehyung."
He nods slightly. "Where's Jin?"
"Sleeping. Don't change the subject. I want to know what the fuck is going on. That little shit almost killed me. Took advantage of me after drugging me nearly to death. If it weren't for my mate..." I trail off, rage clenching my fists.
He nods again, licking his lips. "I know. He told me."
"Oh? Then what? Why haven't you came to speak with me before now?"
When he meets my gaze, his eyes are haunted. "I don't think he's after you and Jin anymore. He wants to hurt Jimin. It's all my fault."
"Why Jimin? I thought he was done with him?"
He hesitates. "Not after what I did."
My eyes narrow. "What did you do, Joon?"
Groaning, he drops his head in his hands. "I did it for you. To protect you and your mate."
I stiffen. "What. Did. You. Do?"
"He was most likely pregnant, you know!" He jumps up and begins pacing, looking manic. "He wanted your baby. He was deranged about it, Kook."
I'm not surprised. "And? How did you solve that?"
He stops pacing. "I took care of it."
I stop breathing. "Took...care of it? The baby?"
He strides over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders firmly, looking me square in the eye. "I killed the baby. I pushed him down the stairs. Made it disappear. After having Taehyung treated, I locked him up on his room so he couldn't do anymore damage."
To say I'm shocked would be a gross understatement. "H-how could you do something like that? No matter what he's done...he's an omega and your little brother. You could have killed him!"
"Good riddance." He chides. "All he does is fuck things up. I asked him for simple help with Jimin and he fucked that up, too, then selfishly blackmailed me to get to you. How can you feel sorry for him after he almost killed you getting your child!"
I shove him away. "You're crazy! This isn't about me, this is about Jimin, isn't it? You did it because of Jimin. You need to let him go."
"It's not about him!" He shouts. "I did that for you. I've always only considered you a brother. An ally. Not Taehyung. I hate him."
I scoff. "And he loves you."
"No he doesn't. He can't stand me—"
"Please. Look what all he did for you! To help you! He sacrificed his body to help force someone to mate you! Has it ever occurred to you that maybe his obsession with me and having my child has more to do with you than me? That he's jealous. Maybe he thinks by having what's mine it will make you love and respect him? Your blind and stupid!"
He blinks, utterly speechless.
I laugh bitterly. "Everything he is...what he's become...is learned behavior from you. I'll admit I have some blame in that as well but...I can read between the lines as well as see the big picture. You obviously are so overly obsessed with Jimin that this has escaped your senses."
He collapses down on his chair, much paler than before if possible. Sighing, I sit down across from him and put my hand on his.
"Namjoon. You've really made a mess of things, haven't you? Let me give you some advice." I hesitate. "I'm asking you as your blood, as your family that loves you, release Jimin. Don't do this to him or yourself. If he ever comes to you on his own then accept that gift graciously but otherwise let him go. You need to accept Taehyung. Give him love. The love he's been deprived off his whole life. Your Eomma never gave it to him and we both know his appa as well. He's never had anything. Just you. Perhaps you should focus on that."
"You're asking me to give up my mate and instead give that love to Taehyung? He's my brother, Jungkook. It doesn't work that way."
"I'm not talking about incest, Joon." Rolling my eyes. "I'm talking about affection. Maybe if he feels cared for he won't be this way. He's slowly drowning and you're just letting him sink deeper and deeper. I won't lie and say I can easily forgive what he did but I can acknowledge the reasoning behind it all."
He chuckles without amusement. "I miss the old conceited slutty and arrogant Jeon."
I smile. "Yes well you'll have to blame Jin for his disappearance. He's been driven off for good."
"I'm glad you've found your happiness, Kook. You've really grown up."
"You'll find your happiness, too, Joon. Maybe you're just looking in the wrong places."
"Maybe. Maybe I don't deserve happiness and my karma is just to be alone the rest of my life."
"You won't be. I'm here, aren't I? I won't abandon you. I just ask you not abandon Taehyung, either. He needs you. Make him change. I think both of you can be good people if you try."
He sighs. "I suppose if even you can change then there has to be hope for the rest of us."
"Rude."