Bad Vibes

Jin

"What's the matter, baby?"
I glance up from my phone to see Jungkook just coming out of the bathroom, wet and a towel wrapped around his hips. "I got a weird message from Jimin."
His brow raises and he holds his hand out. I give him the phone. It's strange. I know Jimin was excited to see and speak to Taehyung but I also know he was very uncomfortable about being there when Namjoon got back.
Now he wants to stay there overnight or maybe longer...it just feels off. I'm not getting Jimin vibes from him and he won't answer the phone him I call him. Just the one text.
"Did you call him to make sure he's okay?"
I nod. "He won't answer."
"Shit. Do you think we should go over there?"
I look up at my mate and smile. "I think we should."
"Let me get dressed then we'll give them a little surprise visit. I know Jimin didn't want anything to do with Namjoon after everything so it's weird he'd volunteer to stay there overnight. If anything, he would have invited Taehyung over here, I think." He muses, dropping the towel and dressing in some dark jeans and a white shirt.
I get a little distracted by him and his perfect body. Sometimes it's hard to believe the sexy confident alpha in front of me has been obsessed with me. That he's only wanted me all this time. As I've told him many times—he could have had anyone.
I don't regret how difficult I made our beginning but I'll admit...if I knew he'd become a man and alpha like this...maybe I wouldn't have objected quite so much.
"You're staring."
"Yeah and what of it?" I challenge.
Smirking, he slowly walks over to me and knocks my legs open, sliding in between them. Staring up into his eyes, I get lost for a bit.
"I love you, Jin. You're so beautiful.
My cheeks redden. "I love you, too, Jungkook." And so are you...
After a quick kiss, he pulls me off the bed and throws me my own jeans and one of his black hoodies which I love to wear because it smells like him and he knows it. He always leaves one out for me now.
Lacing our hands together, we walk down to his car as I try to call Jimin once more. His phone is either turned off or dead now. Great.

Those weird vibes continue and only grow stronger when we pull up at Namjoon's house. His car is there along with Taehyung's. The whole situation is foreboding.
Jungkook seems to silently agree as he narrows his eyes and pulls out his phone. He dials then places it on speaker.
"Hello?" Namjoon says.
"Hey! I was just calling to see if Jimin is still there? His phone is dead, I think." He forces a deep carefree laugh.
There's a hesitation and some shuffling. "I wouldn't know. I think he left."
I frown at this. Jungkook glances at me. "Oh really? He texted Jin and said he'd be there all night? You don't know where he is?"
"Nope. Thats between him and my brother."
"Can you check?"
"I'm a little busy right now. I'll check in a bit and call you back." He hangs up.
"I don't like this." I never should have let him come here. He just seemed so happy so ignored my bad feeling. I think I made a mistake.
"I don't either." He looks at me. "I want you to stay here. I'm going in."
"Uh, no! You aren't leaving me here! I love Jimin just as much as you and you can't possible understand anything that poor beta is going through. I'm coming."
Groaning, he cups my face and kisses me hard. "Fine but you better stay by my side. I don't trust these people at all. I hate that Jimin got himself mixed up in this shit."
I couldn't agree more. "Let's go."
We keep the car parked a distance away so our visit is a surprise and make to the door without incident. He knocks hard a few times.
A tired looking maid opens the door, her eyes widening at my mate. I almost growl. Eyes to yourself bitch.
"Hello, I'm a friend of Namjoon's. I wanted to stop by—" he pulls me into his arms. "and this is my mate, Seokjin."
She pales a little, looking me up and down. I smile back, unbothered. Yeah, enjoy the image of us, honey. "O-Of course. Come right in. Shall I call him down?"
"No need. I know where he is." He replies confidently. She nods then walks off.
I tighten my grip on his hand. "Do you?"
"Nope but I guess we're going to explore. I'm looking for Jimin not Namjoon, though."
We walk up the stairs together, glancing in all the rooms we pass. I frown, stopping at the third. Taehyung is sleeping on the bed with the door cracked but Jimin isn't there.
I budge Kook and he narrows his eyes. "Namjoon." We both agree.
This is bad. Jimin was terrified of him. Shit. I hate myself. Jungkook begins striding so fast I have to run to keep up as he makes it to the last door and knocks.
The door swings open to reveal a shocked Namjoon. He closes the door a bit. "J-Jungkook?! What are you doing here?" He looks rightfully uncomfortable.
I try to see past him but he's too tall.
"Cut the shit, Joon. Where the fuck is Jimin?" He growls. "I hope you really don't think we're that stupid, asshole."
The alpha pales a little. Unable to be patient, I push past the alpha and gasp, covering my mouth at the sight of Jimin crying on the bed. Marks and bruises and blood all over him. His entire body trembles and his clothes are torn—what little clothes he has on.
What shocks me the most, however, is the huge painful looking mating bite right on his jugular.
I run to him, pulling him into my arms. "Oh god, Jiminie! I'm so sorry. Jungkook!" I scream, horrified at the state of our friend.
My mate is frozen at the door, staring at us. His eye twitches as he looks back at Joon. "The fuck did you do?!"
The alpha gulps. "Jimin is mine now. You guys can leave. He's fine. Aren't you fine, baby?" He calls out to Jimin who shudders but remains silent.
I glare at him. "Fuck off you piece of shit!" My heart shatters for the poor beta cowering in my arms. He clings to me. I can't help notice the bruises on his stomach as well.
Growling, Jungkook punches Namjoon in the face before slamming him against the door and holding him by the throat. "I should kill you. You just couldn't get it through your head that Jimin does not and will not love you. He does not want you! You will stay out of his life—do you understand!"
Namjoon gasps. "We're mated now. You can't stop me from seeing my mate and child!"
He laughs softly. "Oh can't I?"
I pull my jacket over Jimin and help him up, pulling him towards the door and out of the room while I leave my mate to deal with the psycho.
As soon as we're out of the house, Jimin begins sobbing uncontrollably. Feeling like shit, I get us into the car and lock the doors to help him feel safe. I sit in the backseat with him, rocking him back and forth. "It's okay, you're okay."
"I t-thought you wouldn't come. He s-said you'd abandoned me and I'd b-be stuck there forever..." he cries. "I was afraid you believed him..."
"No. As soon as I got that message it was off. I know you wouldn't have sent something like that. You would called me that way I knew you were okay. We would never just abandon you, Jiminie." I reassure.
He nods, shakily laying his head down on my lap and closing his eyes. "I'm so pathetic. All this time..." he shakes his head. "Taehyung was only being used to help Namjoon get closer to me. He never liked me and isn't even pregnant."
I'm horrified at this. "That's awful. I'm so sorry."
"I hate them both." Sniffling.
"I do, too. Jungkook and I will never let this happen to you again." I vow.
"What's going to happen now...h-he bit me. Whether I like it or not I'm stuck with him as a mate. I never want to see him again, though." He sobs. "He took everything away from me! I'll never have a chance to find another mate."
I have no words of consolidation for him because he's right. As an omega, I know first hand how scary the thought of some alpha taking advantage of us during the mating process can be. I know how dangerous it can become. There is no changing such a process.
As a beta, he's no different in that. He may have had a chance to mate an omega one day but now...he's right. No matter what he's stuck with Namjoon and we can't do anything about that.
All I can do is hold him as he breaks down in my arms. After what seems like a lifetime, Jungkook gets back into the car send begins driving in silence. I have no idea what happened or what he did but he's far too quiet for my liking.
His eyes constantly flickering and to mine from the rear view mirror. He looks stressed and his knuckles white on the steering wheel. I know this is harder for Jungkook than for me. He's known Jimin much longer.
Unfortunately, neither or us can make this better.