Hate You, Mate

Jungkook

    I'm furious. Beyond furious. No one looks at my omega let alone dares to touch. He's mine. After dropping Jin off at home, I head back to school to teach those fucking students a thing or two.
      Ten students are sent to the hospital. Threats or expulsion to any other student that harasses Jin—mostly in part of my eomma. I break the arm of the alpha that smacked his ass. Fuck that.
      Jimin hides behind Namjoon during the whole fight. I glare at him with disgust. Again—how the fuck is he an alpha?!
      I do end up with a few nasty cuts and bruises as well. A busted lip and a black eye. Cracked rib.
Totally worth it.
Of course, I have to cancel our plans to visit appa's company today, though. Once I've delt with the little bitches, I drive back home to check on my mate to be. God, I can't imagine how he's feeling right now. It's obvious he can't go back to work. At least not at our school.
It's quiet when I get home. Grimacing, I decide it's best I clean myself up before seeing him. Ducking my head, I dash into the bathroom and lock myself in, passing a conspicuous lump under the sheets of our bed.
I glare at my reflection, having never looked so rough or disheveled before. Dried blood covering my mouth and chin along with my knuckles.
Sighing, I jump in the shower and clean myself up before applying the proper medications on my cuts and a wrap on my ribs. It's not so bad. A little swollen. Again—totally worth it. I can give up my good looks for a few days.
I grab a random pair of shorts and slip them on before walking back into the bedroom. Sniffles come from under the sheets.
"Jin?"
No answer.
"Jin, baby?"
"..."
Sighing, I wrestle the covers from him to see his face hidden under his arms. Refusing to look at me.
"It's going to be okay. I'm sorry this happened to you but at least you don't have to worry about working. I'm more than capable of taking care of you." I explain.
He scoffs, wiping his face and sitting up. His glare confuses me. Shouldn't he be happy?
"You're an ass, Jungkook. Are you trying to make it worse? Huh?!"
I blink, now wholly confused. "What do you mean?" What the hell did I say?
"You've ruined my life! I hate you! I want to fucking leave and never see your stupid face again! I wish I never fucking met you or moved to this stupid school." He gets up and begins gathering his things. "I'm leaving. It's over. I'm not living like this. I'm not your fucking whore! I'm an adult fully capable of taking care of myself. I don't need you or your stupid money!" He throws my credit card at me.
I flinch as it hits me square in the chest. Shocked and silent, I just watch as he packs his bags. Or tries to.
Sobs wrack his entire body so hard he's shaking and drops the bags. Snapping out of it, I rush to his side and pin his wrists above his head, forcing our heads together.
       "Breathe." I whisper. Our lips barely touching. "Breathe, Seokjin. You have to calm down." I use my most soft and soothing voice I can, trying to catch his eyes. Pressing my body hard against his, I try to stifle his hyperventilating. I ignore the screaming in my ribs.
      "G-go...fuck...y-yourself, J-Jeon." He spits out, struggling to free himself from my grasp.
      I hold my ground but release his wrists, instead resting my hands around his waist and pulling his head down on my shoulder. He shudders but finally seems to hit a breaking point. His cries and stuttering calming a little.
      "You can take it all out on me. I don't care. Hit me, curse me, whatever makes it better." I admit.
       He scoffs but doesn't make to love. Instead he takes a deep breath as if my scent comforts him. "I hate you."
      "That's okay." A small smile finds its way on my lips. I pull us over to the bed and just hold him. Silently sending thanks for him not running away.
      "Why are you being like this? You're a spoiled rich alpha brat that literally has the world handed to him daily. Why put up with me? With this?"He whispers.
       I thread my fingers through his hair. "Maybe I don't want the world. Maybe I just want your world. I don't know." I admit. "I felt something with you I've never before felt my entire life that first night. I've never actually had something I wanted to keep ahold of. Everything around me is just material and passing. Meeting you...I felt something different. Like...maybe you'd be worth holding on to. I don't care about anything but for some reason I care about you. No matter how much you try to hurt me in return. Isn't that what it means to truly want and possess something? Never let it go no matter how hard it is to hold on to?" I ask, getting a little too deep for my liking but wanting to be honest.
      He doesn't speak for a long time. "You're young, Jungkook. A kid. You have your whole life to feel something. Maybe you don't really want me. Maybe it's just because you don't want to let go of what you've never experienced before. It doesn't mean you love or really want me." He explains.
      I take a moment to really ponder his words. They could quite possibly be true. "I might be young but I've had plenty of relationships and one night stands. I've never felt anything for them what I did the moment I met you. That has to mean something."
     "You have to let me go, Jungkook." He slowly sits up, wiping his face on his shirt. How can he still look so ethereal?
      I grasp his hand tightly. "I can't do that, Jin. I won't. Please...I will give you space. I'll give you the whole fucking world if you want but just don't ask me to end this. I can't do it. Call me spoiled or bratty or selfish all you want but I just can't do this one thing. Anything else I'd do without hesitation." I plead.
      Licking his lips, he sighs and looks away from me. Staring out the window in deep thought. "I'll marry you on one condition." He finally says.
      My eyes widen. "Anything."
     "Let me live my life how I want. I'll give you marriage but I can't give you my love. I can't give you my affections. I have dreams and goals and I'm not giving those up. I'll marry you for your parents' sake and maybe eventually give you an heir if you have to have one but that's it. This will be...a friendship of sorts. That's what I can give you." He finally announces, glancing at me.
      Friendship. A marriage friendship? "No one else. You can't leave me. You will be my husband and mate. No one else can ever have you." I command, not willing to compromise on this.
      He nods seriously. "I never wanted a mate anyway. I really don't care about love or romance. This will be a friendly business deal. I can no longer work so you will pay me to marry you—"
      "After the wedding, it's your money, too, anyway." I cut him off.
     "Right. You won't stop me from doing what I want with my life." He pauses. "And I don't want anyone to know about this. No one but you, me, your parents, Jimin, and Hoseok will know about our relationship."
      "You're ashamed of me?" I ask, scoffing in anger and defiance. "Do you know how many people would kill for this deal?"
      He rolls his eyes. His earlier outburst of pain long over. "Do we have a deal?"
     "How do I know you'll come up with your end of the bargain? We've made deals before, remember? You went back on yours." I remind him.
      "We can make a contract then!" He says, exasperated.
      "Deal."