Hot/Cold

Jin

   The next morning is awkward as we all sit having breakfast with Jungkook's family. I chat with them respectfully and Mrs. Jeon announces that I should return to my teaching job. I'm surprised she isn't making me quit. Being with her son and all.
       Mr. Jeon watches us over his newspaper. "Jin...after school I'd like Jungkook to bring you with him to the company. As his future mate I'd like you to learn your way around."
      I bow. "Ah, yes, sir."
      "Nonsense. You may call me appa now. When have you two decided on the wedding?" He asks, looking between Jungkook and I.
       I hate this. I feel pressured. I have no clue. My eyes flicker towards satan. He smiles cheerfully at his appa. "Maybe this summer. I suppose it's smart not to rush too quickly." He says, pushing his food around.
       I'm actually surprised he didn't jump on this opportunity to force me into a quick contract. The summer is still months away.
      Perhaps I can find a way out of this by now...
       "I've actually already put down a deposit for this amazing spring garden in May. It's gorgeous and will be perfect." Mrs. Jeon announces, smiling widely and clapping her hands.
      Or not...
      I can go against Jungkook all day but his eomma? My boss? Uh no.
      I swallow the lump in my throat as she goes on about the guest list. Hundreds. What kind of garden spring is this?!
      "Eomma...maybe we should wait—"
     "Why should you? You've done well, son. Seokjin is just the perfect omega for you. He's beautiful, well mannered, educated, and fits in perfectly with our family. He will carry your heir wonderfully. I want lots of grandbabies from my only son." She coos.
       My stomach clenches. Why is Jungkook actually seeming reluctant to marry? I thought this was his whole decision? Babies...is that all I am to them? A means to pretty heirs? Just to conceive for their son? The thought disgusts me. They even talk about me in front of me...
       I swallow my pride and smile. "I think I'll excuse myself to get ready for my class."
      They nod, allowing me escape. I quickly make my way to my room and sigh, leaning against the door. Tears filling my eyes. Why me? How did I get caught up all in this? I feel like my life is no longer my own. I've lost my free will.
      A knock on my door startles me and I wipe my face, clearing my throat. I open the door a crack to see Jungkook standing out in the hall. His usual smirk is gone.
      "I'm sorry about my eomma. She can get a bit overexcited. I calmly explained that we want to have control of the wedding plans."
      I'm shocked. Why is he acting like this. Actually being nice...
      He takes my silence in stride, rubbing his neck. "I'm heading on to class. I threatened Jimin to keep his silence so you don't have to worry about other students knowing about us." He explains before walking off.
      I blink, surprised. Whatever. Shaking off the weird feeling, I get ready for school.

      Despite the reassurance this morning, I still feel paranoid. Like everyone is judging me. All eyes are always on me. Why? Some students whisper about me through the halls.
      I try to ignore it but it's hard. My hand literally shakes when I hear some boys gossiping behind me as I write on my board.
       "...I can't believe this?"
      "Is it really true? Damn man.."
     "I'd fucking tap that...think I have a chance?"
      "Little omega sluts.." A burst of laughter.
      My throat clogs up but I force myself through it. What's going on? When class is over, I slump down on my seat only for Jimin to walk in. He looks nervous.
      "Mr. Kim, I'm sorry to just barge in but I was concerned about...well, you know..."
      I look at him. "I don't know, actually. What's going on?"
      His eyes widen. "Oh. Everyone can tell...you know..." he hesitates. "Your scent."
      I gasp. I forgot to cover my scent! Oh my god! So now everyone knows...I'm an omega. Panic fills me.
      I feel sick. Suddenly there's a loud commotion outside the classroom so we both get up and rush to the door seeing two students fighting. I realize it's Jungkook and some other student.
      I run to break it up, grabbing Jungkook's collar. The other student snarls at him before smirking at me. "Well, well. Looking good, Kim. Why don't you take me to detention?" He winks.
      I want to gag in disgust. Jungkook growls and breaks free, punching the guy in the face again before I can grab ahold once more. I haul both of them to the office, feeling gross and degraded as alpha eyes roam over me like a piece of meat.
      Teenagers lusting after me. I know they no longer respect me as a teacher. I'm probably going to have to quit my job now. God. I feel like breaking down but hold it back. I have to be an adult and carry myself appropriately despite the rumors.
I walk slowly back towards my classroom—flinching when someone slaps my ass. My eyes widen and, gasping, I spin around to see an alpha smirking at me and licking his lip.
"Hey, pretty boy. Next time you go into heat be sure to let me know. I'll be more than happy to fuck that perky ass of yours."
His friends all laugh, leering at me. Oh god. My career is over. At least here. My dream job. Biting my lip, I don't reply and escape to my room, locking the door and sitting at my desk. H-how could I forget something so important as hiding my scent?!
I'm humiliated. I knew this would happen. God, I hate alphas. I lower my head and begin to cry, letting it slip out. I want to call Hoseok and pour my heart out to him but feel too humiliated to even tell him. How can I face anyone again?
The door handle jiggles and I frown as it's unlocked. Jungkook pokes his head in. "Eomma gave me the key." He explains, shutting and locking the door back. He sighs and places his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry about this. I hope you know I had nothing to do with it. I'd never out you like that."
I refuse to look up at him so he can see how fragile and weak I am. "I know that. It's fine. My fault."
His palm slips down and he rubs my back. "Hey, I'll protect you, okay? No one will touch you. I'll make sure no one looks at you twice, if you want." He says firmly. "No one will ever shame you about being an omega."
I want to scoff. Jeon Jungkook is trying to make me feel better about being what I am while the whole reason he's put me through hell is because of it?
"C-can I be alone?"
He hesitates. "Yes. At home. Right now it's not safe for you to be alone here. Let me take you home." He says softly. I'm too distraught to even object. The faster I get home the faster I can be alone and wallow in pity.
He drapes his arm around me, glaring at anyone that even glances my way, growling. I hear rumbles throughout the hall and whispers about 'the headmaster's son getting all the good ones'.
I'm ashamed. I keep my head down low. We manage to get out and into his car without too much drama. He drives fast to the house and as soon as we reach it, I'm out and running inside, locking myself into my room. Almost hyperventilating.
       I can't believe how completely my life is falling apart. I'm losing everything.