Mutant Cats

Jimin

The car ride is slightly awkward and silent as Yoongi drives the longish distance back to Jungkook's house. I twist my fingers in my lap figuring with myself to speak up. He makes me nervous.
"T-thanks for giving me a ride home."
He stops at a redlight. "No problem. I don't like Hoseok being out this late at night. He's impulsive and gets distracted easily."
I smile fondly. "He's does and I love it. He reminds me a lot of myself, I think."
He snorts. "I agree. You two are trouble together." He turns right down the long dark stretch of road. Twenty minutes left to our destination. "I'm glad Hoseok has you, though. He's only ever spent time with Jin. It's nice to see him meeting new people."
"Yeah. I really love Jin and Hoseok. I know they're a lot older than me but they don't make me feel like a kid, you know? They make me feel just like regular friends. Besides Jungkook, I never really had good friends or role models in my life."
He glances at me, a little smile on his mouth. "I know what you mean. Until I met Hoseok...I was a huge douchebag and I'm not afraid to admit it. I honestly just wanted to get into his pants when we first met. I was sarcastic, mean, and sexually overhyped. I wanted him bad and Jin hated my guts thinking I was just going to use him. I was planning just that. It was cruel but being an alpha, well..." He shrugs. "Most of us grow up thinking of omegas that way."
I nod, understanding. It's fucked up but he's right. Growing up around alphas myself—even pretending to be one. Alphas are mean assholes.
He sighs. "He got me, though, and quite easily. I fell and fell so fucking hard the ground knocked some serious sense into me. Our one night stand became him staying in my bed for days on end. I used to convince him to ditch class to stay with me. He was never really big on school anyway and easy to convince."
I chuckle, imaging Hoseok being a lazy inattentive student like most others. He's really not like Jin that much.
"Eventually it became that I never wanted him to leave so I asked him to be mine exclusively and he moved into my apartment."
"You two have been together ever since?"
He pauses, a frown pinching his face. "No. He broke up with me at one point."
Gasping, I find that hard to imagine. Hoseok dumping his amazing alpha?! "Really? Why?"
"I fucked up. Massively." He glances down at me, eyes focusing on my swollen stomach. "I don't blame him. I, uh, forced him to try and have my child."
My mouth drops open. "What? But—"
"He aborted it and dumped me. He wasn't ready but I was stupid and jealous and possessive. I wanted to make sure he would never leave me and I guess in my fucked up head I figured if I knocked him up he'd be forced to stay with me forever. It backfired and I've never regretted anything more in my life. It destroyed him and changed me. Put some serious perspective in my life."
I honesty have nothing to say about that. Does Jin know about this?! Is this why Hoseok was so against my own abortion? "K-Kinda like Namjoon has done to me..." I mutter under my breath.
He grunts. "Sounds like it. An alpha's obsession is no joke, Jimin. When we find the one we want...we lose all logical sense. Doesn't excuse it or make it right but I can understand where he was coming from. I don't approve or condone it but I also can't condemn him when I've done pretty much the same. I do believe Jungkook has fucked up like that with Jin as well, right?" He points out.
I chew on my bottom lip. "Hoseok loves—loved—you though. Jin loves Jungkook and he's changed. I never wanted Namjoon. I don't love him and I don't think I ever can." My shoulders slump. "I know I can never get him out of my life. He's going to be a part of my child's life but...I can't be in a relationship with him. He took so much from me. From my future..."
He nods, sighing. "True. Not everyone can be forgiven from their sins. Jungkook and I have been extremely lucky in that regard. The choice is yours, Jimin. Do you think he's really changed, though? The way it sounds he really does care for you and wants a real future."
I sniff. "He just wants to own me. He doesn't love me. Maybe my body but..."
"All alphas want to own their omegas."
"I'm not an omega, though. I'm a beta. It shouldn't be like this." I frown, defending myself.
He raises a brow, smiling. "My father is an alpha and mother a beta. Sure, it's not common an alpha claims a beta but it does happen. The thing is...a bonding between an alpha and omega doesn't really have to mean much. It's normal. Expected. An alpha claims an omega. Love or not—end of story. When an alpha wants to claim a beta...it's different. There has to be true feelings involved and less natural mating instinct. Perhaps there is more to Namjoon than he's letting on to you, Jimin."
"I don't know." I finally admit.
"It's all up to you. I have no right to even give my opinion but I wanted to make some small talk." He chuckles. "Do what you feel is right for you and the baby."
A million thoughts crowd my mind. "He has changed." I finally admit. "But that doesn't mean I can trust him. After everything..."
"Well, then, maybe that's your answer." He shrugs. "It's your life."
Right. My life. And my baby's life. Surely they will want their appa in their life?
I close my eyes, yawning a bit, and stretch out in the seat. I love the alpha's car. It's huge and spacious but still very pretty. Yoongi has always made me nervous as he's cold and seems mean most of the time but he's really not. I'm happy Hoseok gave him another chance. They were made for one another.

      I'm nearly asleep when the car suddenly lurches to the left sharply and I gasp, eyes snapping open as I try to catch myself on the door. My head turns to see Yoongi cursing and dodging something on the dark road.
I scream as the car flips and the sound of glass shatters around me. My seatbelt hurts as it firmly slams into my chest.
Yoongi's arm shoots out to my chest to press me back against the seat as the car finally fumbles to a stop off the road.
Loud pants fill the air as the alpha grunts in pain and releases himself from the restraints, falling down hard. Cursing, he quickly begins helping me out of my own seatbelt and catching me against his chest. My arm throbs and I can't walk. It hurts so much.
He crawls out of the wrecked vehicle with me in tow and helps me lay down. His sharp eyes assessing the damage around us. "Are you alright? Hurt anywhere?"
I nod, tears welling, as I try to move my arm. He touches it gently making me wince.
"It's broken, I think. Fractured at least. The seatbelt might have bruised your chest and ribs as well. Your stomach hurting?"
"N-no."
He sighs in relief. "Good?"
     I sit up slowly and watch as he stands, a large shard of glass embedded in his leg. I flinch as he jerks it out with a growling hiss, blood soaking his hands. "Yoongi!"
     Shredding his shirt, he ties the wound effortlessly. "I'm fine. It really wasn't that deep. Can you walk? I don't think I can find my phone."
      I take the hands he offers and stand, my right leg throbbing in pain but I'm able to bear it. I nod shakily as he winds an arm around my waist and we begin walking down the black street. The eerie silence making me shiver. I move closer to the alpha, scared.
      "W-What did you hit?"
     He huffs. "A fucking huge ass mutant cat! Ridiculous."
     I stop and stare at him for a long moment before bursting out laughing. He grunts in annoyance but a smile also plays around his mouth despite the situation.
     "Wow. I thought alpha's were supposed to have excellent sight." I tease, unable to help myself.
     He clicks his tongue. "Usually but I was distracted tonight. Sorry."
     "Why were you distracted?" I ask, curious. Couldn't be because of me.
      He looks away and I swear I see a blush on his face. "I was, uh, thinking about my mate waiting for me back home."
     Now it's my turn to blush. I know exactly what he's talking about. I saw him kissing Hoseok and heard what he said before we left. "Oh."
      He scratches his neck with the arm not holding me up. "Yeah. Again, sorry."
     I giggle. "It's okay. I guess I don't blame you. Hoseok is pretty awesome and distracting."
    He growls playfully. "He is."
    We walk for a long, long time. Eventually my feet begin aching too much so I motion for him to stop. "I c-can't. I can't walk anymore. It hurts."
     He assesses me before nodding and lifting me onto his back. I squeeze tightly and sigh in relief to be off my feet. "I'll carry you. We should be back to town within five minutes or so."
      "Okay." I yawn.
      I hide my face in his neck when I see headlights coming towards us. Yoongi stops.
      I look up, happy to see a car. That happiness dies, however, when I see who's driving it.
      Taehyung.
Oh god. Why couldn't at least be Namjoon?