Chapter 5

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.**

We arrive at the hardware store and Jack helps me pick out new locks for all of the doors. I don’t want anything too fancy, but something secure. When we get done here, we head back to my new house and Jack installs the new locks for me. While Jack is installing, we hear a knock on the door. “Stay here.” Jack says as he walks to the front door. He’s being extra cautious and has one hand on his gun and the other hand on the door knob. When he opens the door, it is only the security system guy. He’s here to install the new security system my grandfather bought. “Nothing to worry about.” Jack says as he walks back over to the back door. I chuckled.

Jack gave me a look which made me laugh even more and then we both started laughing. The installation guy most likely thought we were nutters. We were laughing for no reason. It was great. It takes the guy a good two hours to install the system, make sure it works and to show me how to use it. He even let me pick out my own four digit code. Awesome. I enter the four digit code twice and now it is all set. Yay. I write it on a piece of scrap paper for Jack. “Thank you for installing my new system for me.” I said as he walked out the door. “You’re welcome Madame. Have a nice day.” He said and turned and headed out to his truck. I didn’t realize it was getting dark outside. I guess I’ll have to finish moving in tomorrow.

“We should head back to Torchwood. Your car is there and you need to get home.” Jack said as he starts walking towards the front door. “Technically, I am home, but I know what you mean. Can’t stay in a house that doesn’t have any furniture.” I said walking to the door. I set my alarm, close the door, and lock both locks. “Good night new home. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I am feel a little sad to be leaving my new home, but I’ll be living in it. All in good time. We get in the SUV and head back to Torchwood. As we get closer to Torchwood, Jack’s mobile rings. “Yeah? Where? Okay, I’ll be there as soon as I drop Charlie off.” He looks at me and says, “I have to drop you off at Torchwood, but don’t go home yet. I want you to stay there until I call you and let you know it’s safe.” There’s no point in arguing, so I just nodded my head in agreement.

We get to Torchwood and Jack says to me, “Stay inside and wait for my call. I mean it.” Geez. I get it. “Can I at least order pizza? I’m really hungry.” I said as I get out. He agrees and tells me to behave. Really? I’m not a child. Granted, I am a teenager, but still. I head inside and use the phone behind the desk to call and order pizza. The team orders a lot of pizza, so I’m not worried about having it delivered here. I head through the secure door, downstairs, and through another secure door. I am greeted by Ianto. “Hello. A heads up, I ordered pizza.” I said as I walk over to where Ianto is standing. “Jack told me. I’ll go up and get it.” Ianto said as I stood next to him. Of course Jack told him. He’s probably making sure I made it inside and not disobeying him. Sheesh. “So, what’s going on in the world of the extraterrestrials?” I asked as I sat down in a chair by Tosh’s computer. “There’s been a weevil attack. The weevil has been sighted near the attack.” Ianto said. “Oh. I hope the person or persons are alright.” I said. Ianto looked over at me and said that there hadn’t been any reports of a death, so that’s good. He started to walk away and said “I’ll be right back. Your pizza’s here.” And then he disappeared through the door.

A few minutes later Ianto showed up with my pizza and drink. YUM. I’m hungrier than I thought. “Thanks Ianto.” I said as he handed me the pizza box and cup. “You’re welcome.” He said as he headed back over to the computers. I was halfway done with my pizza when my mobile rang. It’s Jack. “Yeah?” I said with a mouthful of pizza. “It’s done and the streets are safe…For now. You can head back home if you like.” Jack said. “Can I at least finish my dinner before I leave or are you in a hurry to get rid of me?” I asked jokingly. Jack lightly chuckled and said, “You can stay as long as you like.” I said awesome and told him I was going to stay awhile. “See you in a little bit.” I said and then hung up.

About fifteen minutes later Jack, Tosh, Owen and Suzie walk through the door. I said hello to them and they returned the hello. “Your grandfather called, he is working late tonight. He said you could either stay here until he gets off work or you could go home and I’ll stay with you until he gets home.” Jack said as he sat down next to me. He grabbed the last slice of pizza I had. “You’re lucky I’m done with that.” I said. He smirked at me. “I want to hang out here for a little bit before heading home. If he’s not off by then, then you can hang out with me.” I said. I winked at him when I said that he could hang out with me. Haha.

An hour goes by and I am getting tired. Had a long day. “Jack. I’m ready to head home now.” He looks over at me. He must know that I am really tired by the way I look because he offered to drive me home. “We can take your car and I’ll find a way back here or we go in the SUV and I’ll pick you up in the morning.” He said as he grabbed his coat. “You can drive my car.” I said as I followed him out the door. Just before I get through the door, I turned back and yelled, “Good night everyone. See you tomorrow.” And headed out.

We arrive at home… soon, I’ll be saying my grandfather’s home. I hope everything’s alright. He’s not home yet. Jack assures me that my grandfather is alright, he’s just working really late tonight. “Thanks Jack.” I said as we walk through the door. I head upstairs to my room and of course Jack follows. “I am here to make sure you stay safe.” He reminds me. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know. He stands outside my closed bedroom door as I get ready for bed. When I am done, I open my door so he knows I am dressed and still safe. He walks in. As I point to the loveseat I say, “You can sit/sleep there until my grandfather gets home.” He looks at it and thanks me. As I get in bed, I tell him, “I will know if you are staring at me. I can’t sleep when people stare at me.” He chuckles and reassures me that he will not stare at me. He’ll just be there for my protection. I nod and get comfortable in bed. “Goodnight Jack.” I said as I turn out the lamp. “Goodnight Charlie. Sleep well.” And I doze off.