Chapter 14

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

We arrive at Torchwood, get inside and Jack heads up to his office without saying a word to me. “He’ll come around. Just give him some space and time.” Ianto said as he walked up to me. “Thanks.” I walked over to the couch and laid down. I don’t really feel like doing much right now. “Jack said you have your grandfather’s computer.” Tosh was walking over to me. “Yes.” I sat up, reached down where I put both laptop bags and grabbed the one that belongs to my grandfather. “I hope it helps.” I handed Tosh my grandfather’s bag. “Thanks. I’ll let you know if I find anything.” And she walked back over to her desk.

After sitting for a while, I decided I would go out for a walk. I get up and let Tosh and Ianto know that I am going out for a walk. “I need some fresh air.” I said and started to walk out. “Oh and I have my phone on me if anyone needs to get ahold of me.” And I walked out. I’m sure Jack will have someone follow me. I get outside and get hit with cold air. It’s raining and cold. “Great. It’s raining and I don’t have my jacket with me.” I walk towards my car thinking I have a jacket in the trunk.

Nope. Of course not. “Jack’s right. I don’t think. I’m too daft to grab my jacket before leaving. No wonder he’s still so pissed at me.” Just then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I jump. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you.” I hear a familiar sound. I turn to see Jack standing behind me with a jacket in one hand while the other is up like he’s giving someone a high five. “It’s okay. I figured you’d have someone keep an eye on me.” He handed me the jacket. “Thanks.” I put the jacket on. “What?” I noticed Jack staring at me with a look on his face. “You’re not daft. You’re a smart young woman who sometimes doesn’t think before acting. A lot of us do that. And I’m not as mad as I was before.” He held out his hand. I put my hand in his and he pulled me towards him and embraced me in a hug.

I like it when we hug. It makes me feel safe and….Oh no. It just hit me that I have feelings for Jack. I didn’t think too much of it before since everything has been so hectic, but the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I shiver at the thought and he squeezes me a little tighter. “Are you cold?” He looks down at me. “No. I’m okay.” I look up at him. He has beautiful blue eyes. Oh dear. I need to get out of his arms before I do something stupid. I back away and say, “I’m going back inside. Thanks for the jacket.” I walk away and get back inside quickly.

Once inside, I hear Jack coming back in too. AH! I need to get away. I look back at him and my hear starts racing. “Are you alright?” He looks at me with a worried look. “Yea. I’m just a little tired is all.” I head back downstairs. I walk over to Tosh to see how things are coming along. “I haven’t found anything yet.” She looked up at me. “Don’t worry, I’ll find something.” She looked back down and started typing again. I walk over to the couch and before I can lay back down, Jack comes over and sits next to me. “Here.” He patted his legs. I lay down and put my head in his lap. He starts to run his fingers through my hair. After a few minutes, I start to doze off.

I wake up to a loud sound. When I sit up, a blanket falls off my shoulders. I look around and realize the sound I hear is the sound of the invisible lift. I don’t have my phone within reach, so I have no idea what time it is. “What time is it?” I said looking around. I hear Jack yell, “It’s past two in the morning.” Wow. I slept a long time. I must’ve been more tired than I thought. “Where are you going?” I yelled back at Jack. He’s leaving using the invisible lift. He looks at me and yells, “Stay there. I’ll be back.” And then he disappears.

I get my computer out and log in. I pull up the security footage from outside to see a woman talking to Suzie. I don’t recognize her. It’s possible it could be Gwen. They did say she kept coming back to Torchwood after they gave her retcon. I can’t hear what they are saying. Suzie has a gun pointed at Gwen. I can’t believe what I am seeing. What the heck is she doing? I’m starting to freak out. Maybe that’s why Jack left using the invisible lift? No one else is here, so I could freak out completely and they wouldn’t know.

I hope Jack has a plan and I hope he doesn’t get killed either. I can tell Suzie is still talking while pointing her gun at Gwen. Then she points it at Gwen and then she points it slightly to her left and fires her gun. Jack falls down. Oh My Gosh!!!! Suzie just killed Jack!! Why? Tears are streaming down my cheeks. I can’t believe she just killed Jack. Suzie points the gun back at Gwen. I want to leave and help, but I know if I do, I could get hurt or killed. Maybe I could call one of the team members and tell them what’s going on.

Jack stands up behind Suzie. What the… He’s alive? How? I am super shocked. Suzie shot him and now he’s standing behind her. I wish I could hear what they are saying. Jack holds out his hand. I guess he’s telling Suzie to hand him the gun… Not sure since I can’t hear what they’re saying. A minutes or two goes by. What I see next, I wish I never saw. I have never seen anything like that before and I wish I hadn’t. Suzie shoots herself. The worst thing ever to see happen. I am in so much shock, I can’t move. I close my laptop. I don’t want to see anymore.

Sometime later, Jack and Gwen tell the others what happened with Suzie…except the part where Suzie shot Jack and he came back to life. I pretended I didn’t know what happened either, but I think Jack may suspect that I know about him getting shot. He keeps giving me this weird look…Can’t really explain it. I’m sitting on the couch while everyone is in Jack’s office. I know Ianto has the glove and dagger that Suzie had and he puts it away. Not sure what everyone else is doing.

I decide that after what happened, I need to rethink everything I know and to go over the files I have on Jack. “Jack. I’m going to head home for a while…Do some more searching and whatever.” He walks over to me and grabs my hand. “Don’t leave yet. I need to talk to Gwen and then I’ll take you home.” Not good. I want to go home and freak out some more. It’s getting harder not to freak out right now. “Oh. Uh, I was hoping to get some alone time. Too much stuff has happened and I need a getaway.” I tried to not sound so freaked out, but it wasn’t really working. “Alright. Then I’ll just follow you home. Make sure you’re safe and let you have your alone time, but I want to talk to Gwen first.” He let go of my hand and walked away.