Chapter 17

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I’m standing in the alleyway behind work when Jack walks up to me. “I love that outfit you’re wearing.” I blush. “Thanks. I was hoping you’d like it.” He walks towards me, wraps his hands around my waist and pulls me closer to him. So close that there’s maybe an inch or two between our faces. I bite my lower lip. “I don’t like it when you do that.” He said looking at my lips. “Do what?” I asked. He slowly licked his lips. “Bite your lower lip. It drives me crazy.” Still holding onto my waist, he pushes me against the wall. I can feel him getting hard. It’s pressing against my upper thigh. He slowly moves his hands down my waist to my legs just above my knee. Skin to skin contact, he moves his hands slowly up my legs to my thighs, under my skirt. His touch feels nice. He starts to kiss my neck and slowly moves up to my chin and then my lips. He starts to lift up my skirt.

I wake up, sweating. I had the dream again. I get up and head into the bathroom to get a drink of cold water. Wow, that dream seemed more intense this time. I hear my mobile going off. Someone’s calling me. Really? Right now’s not the best time. I head back towards my bed and get my mobile. It’s Jack. Okay…deep breaths. I answer. “Hello.” My voice is a little shaky. “What’s wrong? You sound different.” I pause before answering him. “I just woke up. Had a crazy dream, but I’m okay.” I walk downstairs and he says, “I’m going to head your way in a few. Wanted to know if you wanted anything before I got there.” I thought for a moment. “I know it sounds weird, but I’d like pizza.” He laughed. “I knew you were going to say that. You love pizza. Pizza for breakfast. You’re a weird woman, but I like it” We both laugh and then he says, “I’ll pick up a pizza for you. See you soon.” And with that, he hung up.

I sit on the couch and watch some t.v. while waiting on Jack. There’s nothing on at ten in the morning on a Sunday. So, I turn it off and wait. Soon Jack arrives and helps himself inside. “Here’s your pizza.” He hands me the box. “Thanks.” I watch him as he sits next to me. “What happened? It wasn’t bad was it?” I asked. He had a look on his face. I’m kinda good at reading one’s facial expression, so I knew something was up. “It’s nothing.” He was looking at the floor. Grandfather taught me how to notice the signs when someone lies and he was lying.

“I can tell you’re lying. What’s going on?” I put the pizza box down and scooted a little closer to him. He looked up at me. “You can tell me anything. What’s wrong?” He took his time. Then said, “Gwen kissed me. It was…nice.” What? “Was it a quick kiss on the cheek or?” Before I could finish my sentence he said, “No. More like a semi-quick kiss on my lips.” He touched his lips with his thumb and slowly ran his thumb across his lips. The image from my dream where he kissed me popped into my head. I blush and he looks at me confused. “Why are you so red? You’re not angry jealous are you?” He started laughing. Ha, ha, ha. I chuckled a little. “No, it was something I remembered from my dream. Anyway. What are your thoughts on Gwen kissing you?”

He looked a little surprised I asked. “It was nothing. She kissed me after I saved her life.” I looked him in the eyes. I can’t help but melt a little when I stare into them. “Oh. That’s nice…I guess.” I didn’t really have anything else to say. I was actually starting to feel a little jealous. She kissed him. It may not have meant anything to her, but it clearly meant something to him. “Why did you say it like that?” He said. “I don’t know what you mean.” I looked towards the television. He lightly grabbed my chin, turned my head to where I was facing him and stared at me for what felt like hours. I think maybe two minutes went by. He was about to say something when my mobile buzzed.

Someone had sent me a text. I turned from Jack to see you sent me a message. It was from a number I didn’t recognize. I went ahead and opened my messages to see who it’s from. Ha! It’s from Jeremy. How did he get my number? Then I remembered seeing that his dad’s a private investigator. That’s probably how it got my mobile number. Sneaky man. I scoffed when I realized who it is. “Who is it?” Jack sounded a little stern. “Oh. It’s just a friend. He was just telling me a joke.” I looked over at Jack. “Now who’s jealous?” I asked jokingly. He didn’t seem amused.

“What? Am I not allowed to have guy friends?” He still looked a little angry. “The only guy friend I know about is Derek. How long have you known this other guy friend?” He put emphasis on the word ‘guy’ each time. “I met him a few days ago. First when I was shopping, then we ran into each other when I went to see a movie yesterday afternoon before work. I looked him up, he’s not bad. I know more about him than I do about you.” I was starting to feel a bit annoyed. Is he being protective because I just met Jeremy or is he jealous? I quickly replied telling Jeremy that I was busy and that I’d text later.

He looked annoyed and hurt. He was about to say something when his mobile rang. “Yeah? Okay. Be there soon.” He hung up and turned to look back at me. “We’ll continue this conversation later. Don’t go out. I want you to stay in…Only leave IF you absolutely have to.” He stood up and was getting ready to leave. I stood up when he got to the door. “Wait.” I walked up to him. “Yeah?” He had his hand on the doorknob. I put my hands on either side of his face.

My pinky fingers on his jaw line and my thumbs on his cheeks, below his eyes…not too close to his eyes though. “I just want to say…Thank you so much for everything you do for me. That includes worrying about me and my safety. I know you’re paid to, but I still want to say thanks.” I leave my hands where they are….Thinking about kissing him. Instead I slowly move my hands off of his face. “It started out that way, but I really do care about you.” He smiled at me and then left.

YAY!! He care about me. It’s not just about being paid anymore. But why? Why him? Why now? Could I be falling for him because he’s saved me? I hope not. I will admit that he’s drop dead gorgeous. I’ve heard that men that good looking are not usually a one woman kind of guy….With my luck, he’s like that too, just not as conceited. Well, I need to find something to do since Jack has to work and I can’t seem to get ahold of Em and Derek. Oh! I just had a crazy idea. I could call Amber and Destiny and see if they want to hang out or something. That sounds like a fairly good idea.

I sit back on the couch and call Amber then Destiny. I asked them if they wanted to come over and hang out. I’m bored and have nothing better to do. They both got excited and agreed to come over. “We’re going to have so much fun!” Destiny yelled through the mobile. “I’ll see you soon.” They both said. Yay! Now I have something to do. After my calls, I go upstairs into my room and get my iPod and docking station. I get back downstairs and hook up the docking station to my big speakers. The speakers are a part of my surround sound system. We’ll be having a lot of fun dancing around to music.