Chapter 25

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

We arrive at my house fairly quick. We get our stuff and head inside. I don’t know what’s going on, but whatever it is, I hope Jack stays safe. We get settled in. I offer to make dinner, but Amber and Des say they are still full from the popcorn they had. I nod and make myself something to eat. We sit on the couch and watch whatever’s on t.v. I slowly eat my dinner. I text Jack to see if everything’s alright, but he never responded back. I wonder if everything’s alright.

After some time, I get tired. “I’m going to bed. Night ladies.” I stood up and headed for the stairs. “Wait up! We’re going to bed too.” Des said. They turned off the t.v. and headed upstairs with me. “Night!” We holler at each other. I put my mobile in the docking station and put on some music. I climb into bed and lay there for about an hour before falling asleep.

I wake up the next morning. It’s a few minutes past nine. I still haven’t heard anything from Jack. I get up and do my usual thing, then head downstairs. Amber and Des are already up and have eaten breakfast. “I hope you don’t mind, but we made ourselves some breakfast.” Des said. I smiled at her. “It’s fine.” I walk into the kitchen and make myself eggs and toast.

I finish my breakfast and then I head into the living room. By the time I sit down, Jack texts me. “I’m fine. Stay inside still and be safe.” I smiled. “Okay.” I watch whatever Amber and Des are watching on t.v. I’m kinda enjoying my time just sitting and relaxing. I start thinking about Jack. I remember how his lips felt, how he smells. It’s nice. I thought for sure he would’ve pulled away from me when I kissed him. I’m really glad that he didn’t.

My thoughts are interrupted by Amber’s mobile. She answers the call. “Hello? Okay. Yeah, I can tell her. She’s with me. Okay. Bye.” Amber hangs up. She sighs and looks at Des. “Erik wants us to work tonight.” Des whined. “But it’s only Thursday. We have to work today, tomorrow and Saturday? Not cool.” She whined again. Amber rolls her eyes. “He said you could tag along if you wanted.” She looked at me. “That’s good, but I think I’m going to stay here. I don’t feel like doing much today.” Des and Amber nodded. “Alright. We’ll have our mobiles on us if you need us.” I nodded. “Alright.”

They got ready and headed out. “See you later.” They said in unison as they headed out the door. “Bye.” I waved to them. I watched as they drove away. I went and sat back on the couch to watch t.v. I lay down on the couch and fall asleep. Two hours later I wake up. I started to have that nightmare again. I didn’t want to dream about it again. Not now. I text Jack. “Hey. Want to come over for a little bit?”

He responds. “Sounds good.” Yay. He’s coming over. I clean up the kitchen and living room. I haven’t cleaned in a few days. Been so busy shopping with Amber and Des, I just haven’t gotten around to it. About fifteen minutes later, Jack arrives. He unlocks the door, walks in, removes his coat and sets it in the chair by the door. “Hey.” He said. “Hi.” He walked over to me and gave me a hug. “Is everything alright?” He looks sad. I hope nothing bad happened. He nodded. He turned to walk towards the couch, when I stopped him and hugged him.

I held onto him for a good ten minutes. When I let go, he smiled. I could tell something was bothering him. “Want to talk about it?” I held his hand as we walked over to the couch. “No.” He sighed. We sat down. “I remember my nightmare.” I looked over at him. “Which part?” He looked back at me. “All of it. The whole thing. Every detail, experience, pain, everything.” I inhaled, then slowly exhaled. “I want to talk about it.” He put his arm around me. “Okay. I’m listening.”

I start from the beginning. “I wake up, like I had been knocked out or something. It’s dark and I can’t see anything. My head is pounding. I guess whoever hit me in the head with something. So, I touch my head where it hurts the most. I think I feel blood. Not entirely sure. I shiver and realize that it’s cold. I don’t think I’m outside. It’s too dark. I think I’m in a cellar or something. I put my hand on the floor to stand up, but quickly remove my hand. The floor’s cold and damp. I stand, but start to lose my balance. I finally get upright and take a step. I take another step, then another. Finally, I’m walking. I can hear my footsteps echo. I stumble over something, but I’m able to regain my balance and move forward.

It feels like I’ve been walking for a long time. Then, up ahead I see a light. So, I walk towards it. I get close enough to see that there’s a door that’s partly open. That’s where the light is coming from. I get a little closer when someone grabs me and shoves me up against a wall. It knocks some of the air out of me. Then the person hits me. I yelp out in pain. They hit me again. “Shut it!” I heard him yell. I could feel his breath on my face. He’s just inches away from my face. He punches me in the stomach and I lean forward into him. He lifts me up over his shoulder and he walks away from the door. He sets me down and I can hear footsteps approaching us. “I told you to chain her up.” I know that voice. I’m not sure where, but it sounds very familiar. “Sorry boss.” I heard the other guy say. I struggle and try to get away. The guy that hit me holds me down and starts to choke me. That’s why I woke up to Amber and Des yelling at me and I was in the floor.”

He’s frowning. “You said you recognized one of their voices?” I nod. “But I don’t know where I’ve heard the voice before. It’s familiar. I haven’t really thought about it. I’m too afraid too.” He wraps his arms around me. “You don’t have to think about it. I don’t want you to worry yourself.” He’s still frowning. “What about you? You shouldn’t have to worry about it either. I think you have enough to worry about as it is.” He didn’t say anything, but I could tell he was upset.

“Do you want to talk about it?” He shook his head no. “I don’t want you angry with me too.” He sighed. He moved his arms from around me and scooted a few inches away from me. I put my hand on his. “Whatever has happened, you can tell me. This goes both ways, you know.” I scooted closer to him, still holding onto his hand. He didn’t say anything. Then finally he looked over at me. He still didn’t say anything. After about five minutes of silence he said, “Alright.”

He told me about Estelle and then told me how she died. It was sad. I felt bad for him. I leaned over and hugged him. Then he told me about the little girl Jasmine and how the fairies were protecting her. She’s the Chosen One. He let the fairies take her after one of then killed her mom’s boyfriend. “It was the only way to save everyone. I had to do it.” He looked extremely sad. I move my face closer to his and kiss his cheek. “It’s alright. I don’t quite get it, but I’m not mad at you.” I hugged him again. He put one arm around my back and put his other arm on my legs. He put his head against mine and sighed.

“We both have had it rough.” I chuckled a little. “Yea, you’re right.” I kiss him. “Thank you.” I was just inches away from his face. “Why are you thanking me?” I smiled. “For listening. I was afraid to tell anyone about my dream. I’m glad I was able to tell you.” He smiled back at me. “You’re welcome. And thank you for not being mad at me.” He kisses me. We kiss for a while. We’re still kissing when his mobile rings. He pulls away and sighs. “Work.” I nod and say, “Go. I’ll be here, trying to be safe. Or at work if not here.” He glances at me. “Work?” I smile. “Yes, work. Erik said I could hang out at the club, but only as a guest, not an employee.” Jack has a disapproving look on his face.

“Don’t give me that look. Grandfather gave me that same look when he found out where I was working.” He’s still glaring at me. I roll my eyes. “Don’t roll your eyes at me.” I do it again. “I said don’t.” I laugh. “Oh? What are you going to do about it?” He’s still glaring at me, silent. I roll my eyes one more time. He moved fairly quickly. I almost had no idea what he was going to do. He pushed me back on the couch and had my arms pinned above my head. He was laying on top of me. “I told you not to roll your eyes.” I laugh and wrap my legs around his waist.