Chapter 33

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.** 

I text Des letting her know I was heading to the club. I’m sure she’s excited. She hasn’t seen much of me lately. “Yay! I’m glad you’ve decided to come.” I smile as I read her text. “Me too.” I push send. It doesn’t take long to get to the club. They’re already pretty busy. That’s fine with me. Maybe there’ll be a hot guy I can hook up with. I need something or someone to get my mind off of Jack. When I get out of the taxi, I pay and thank the driver. I walk up and wave to Jon, he lets me go in.

I walk up to the counter where Amber, Des and Lori are working, serving drinks. When they see me, they all wave. I wave back. “Hey girl! I’ve missed you.” Des hugs me over the counter. Some guys standing nearby whistle at us. We both laugh. “Men.” Des nods her head. “Yep. I get that all of the time.” She chuckles. Amber walks over to us. “Do you want a drink? You look like you could use one.” I sigh. “Yes. Please.” She gives me a half smile. “I can tell. I had that same look Sweetie. Men are such assholes.” I nod in agreement. “Yes, they are.” She hands me a drink.

I take the glass, tip it up and drink my scotch in one gulp. “Could I have something else? How about whiskey instead?” Amber nodded and got me a small glass of whiskey. I finished that one in one gulp too. I had three more. “You should be careful. You might get drunk and we wouldn’t want that.” Des handed me one more glass. “Oh, don’t worry. It’ll take more than this to get me even a little tipsy. I’ve had way more than this on my sixteen birthday. Got into a lot of trouble that night.” Thinking back on my sixteen birthday, oh the trouble Em and I got into. I laugh.

Amber takes her break and hangs out with me. “So, what did he do?” She looks concerned. “He left for a while and when he came back, he told another woman that she was the one he thought about.” I sigh. Amber makes a face. “Ouch. What a jerk.” I nod. “Yep. And the worst part is he doesn’t even know that I know. I was spying when I heard him say it.” She frowns. “It still doesn’t give him the right to do that.” I nod in agreement.

She changes the subject and starts talking about a guy she met here. How they’ve been ‘seeing’ each other for a few months. “He has a cousin who’s single.” I laugh. “I don’t think so.” She frowns. “Ah come on. Just meet him first. Please?” I laugh again. “Maybe.” My mobile starts buzzing. I pull it out of my pocket and see that Jack is calling. I roll my eyes. Amber grabs my mobile from me. “Hello? This is Amber. Yea, she’s here, but she doesn’t want to talk to you. Because you’re a jerk, she deserves better.” Amber hangs up. If he calls again, don’t answer it.

“I didn’t plan on it.” She smirks at me. “Good. I want you to meet my future boyfriend.” She laughs. A guy walks over to us. He’s about six foot, brown hair, and blue eyes. He’s wearing a grey shirt and blue jeans with black and white converse shoes. “Hello.” He holds out his hand. I take his hand and we shake hands. “My name’s Cody.” He seems nice. “Hey. I’m Charlie.” I smile and he smiles back.

Amber holds out her hand. “This is Cody’s cousin, James.” Another man walks over to us. He’s about six foot two, good looking. He has stunningly green eyes, brown hair, and he’s wearing a blue dress shirt, blue jeans, and boots. He’s really good looking. I shake his hand. “Hey. I’m Charlie.” He smiles. “Hi. It’s nice to meet you.” I smile back. Amber gives me a look. I roll my eyes at her. She starts laughing. “Sorry. It’s an Amber thing.” Cody nods. “Yea. I’m used to her busting out laughing for no reason.” He smiles at her. They start kissing.