Epilogue

**This is my fan-fiction story based on characters from the show Torchwood. I do not own the names of the characters, except a few, and I do not of course own the story of Torchwood. I just used the names and some of the storyline for my fan-fiction story. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to leave comments.**

"Hello Jack. It's been a long time." Jack nods. "Yes, it has." Max and Jack walked into a tall building. "Are you here for the same thing Jack?" Max looked over at Jack as they walked to the reception desk. "I think so...for Charlie." Max nods his head. "She set something up for us, but I don't know what it is yet." A young woman in her mid-twenties welcome the two men as they approached her desk. "Hello sirs, how can I help you?" She smiles at them. Max cleared his throat. "We're here to see Michael Chamess." The young woman nods. "Yes. He's on the thirteenth floor, suite one, one, five." Jack and Max nod at her. "Thank you." Max gives her a half smile.

"You're welcome." She smiles as the two men walk away. They get to the lift and head up to the thirteenth floor. "I miss her." Max said with a cracked voice. Jack puts his hand on Max's shoulder. "Me too Max." They both hold back tears as they think about her. The lift dings as it stops on the thirteenth floor. Jack holds his hand out for Max to go first, then Jack follows. "There." Jack points to a door that has one, one, five above it. "Alright. Let's go in." Max let out a big sigh before walking through the door.

"Good morning gentlemen. I'll be with you in just one minute. Please, take a seat." The man pointed to two chairs sitting in front of his desk. Max and Jack sit down. The man that greeted them is an older man, maybe in his mid-to-late forties. He's standing in front of a filing cabinet and pulls out a file. He walks back to his desk and sits down. "Okay gentlemen. As you may know Charlie came to me a few months back and set something up for the both of you. She said the two of you are the most important people."

Max shifted in his seat some. "What did she set up?" His voice still sounds cracked as he talked. "She set up a will. All of her possessions will go to the both of you. Well, mainly the two of you. She has two other people in her will. They will be here later this afternoon." The man cleared his throat. "Okay, let's start." He opened up the file and began to read the will. "For my wonderful grandfather, I leave you the house. I know you already have one, but this is one of the best gifts you've ever given me and I want you to have it."

"To my love Jack, I leave you my car. I know grandfather may not approve, but I wouldn't want anyone else to drive it." The reading the will, stopped. He looked up at Max and Jack. He could tell Jack was fighting back tears, but Max had already began to cry. Jack looks over at Max, puts his hand on his shoulder and squeeze Max's shoulder just a little. Max put his hand on Jack's. "It's alright with me that you get her car. I know she loved it. I think she made the right decision." Jack nods.

"She also states in her will that they two of you have to work together and go through her pictures. She wants both of you to have them. Oh and all of the other things in the house, besides the furniture goes to Destiny and Amber." Max smiles a little. "Good. I don't want to have to give her clothes away to complete strangers. I'm glad she's leaving those to Des and Amber." Max let out a sigh. "Is that everything?" The man behind the desk nods. "Yes sir. That's all she wrote down for the two of you." Max stands up and hold out his hand. "Thank you Mr. Chamess for everything." The two men shake hands and then Max starts to walk towards the door.

Jack stands up and follows Max. Just before leaving, Jack turns to Mr. Chamess and thanks him for his services and then leaves. Jack catches up to Max at the lift. "If you ever need anything, let me know." Jack put his hand on Max's shoulder again. Max nods. "Thank you Jack. That means a lot to me." Jack removes his hand once the lift doors open. They walk inside, push the one button and wait for the lift to go down. It doesn't take long for the lift to reach the first floor.

"Max, would you like to get some lunch?" Max turned to look at Jack. I don't know. I've been too emotional and I don't need or want people staring at me if I were to break down." He let out a sigh. Jack hugs Max. "It's okay. We can go somewhere private. I don't want to leave you alone." Max nods. "Okay. Do you want to meet or would you like to ride with me?" Max pulls away and looks at Jack. "I'll ride with." Jack gives Max a half smile and then they walk out of the building and into a car that's waiting for Max.

"Take us home." Max told his driver. Jack sits next to Max in the backseat. It doesn't take long to get to Max's house. They get out of the car and inside the house. "I hired cooks since Charlie isn't here anymore." Max pointed to the kitchen. Jack nods. "She's a good cook. I always love it when she would make me breakfast." Jack chuckles. "I even made her breakfast a few times." Max walks into the kitchen and Jack follows. "What would you like?" Jack shakes his head. "I don't want anything right now. I just want to be sure that you're okay." He half smiles at Max.

Max tries to smile back, but it's weak and doesn't last long. "Okay. I'm not hungry either and I'll gladly accept your company." Max walks over to the table and sit down. Jack follows and sits in a chair next to Max. Jack starts to cry a little. "I'm so sorry Max. I tried everything to save her." Tears running down his face, Max puts his hand on Jack's. "I know son, I know. I don't blame you for any of this." Jack looks up at Max. "I still feel responsible. I should've done more." Max shakes his head. "You did all that you could. No need to blame yourself."

Max sighs. "I miss her dearly Jack." Jack nods. "Me too Max. So much." Jack sighs. "I've seen people I care about dearly die, but this...Charlie, she has affected me the most and I don't know how to handle it." Max nods. "I know Jack. She was the only granddaughter that has ever meant anything to me. More than anything in this world." Jack nods in agreement. "It's been hard. Can't believe it's been a month." Jack puts his head down. "I would've had a son or daughter too." Jack starts crying. Max puts his hand on Jack's shoulder and lightly squeezes. "I know Jack and you would've been a great father." Jack raises his head again, wipes away the tears and semi-smiles at Max. "Thank you." Jack puts his hand on Max's hand.

The End